Monday, May 11, 2009

********The Moment**********

Today (and tomorrow) is going to be so busy for me that I have been trying to plan out all that needs to be done and what I have time for and what I don't. Then I realized that there will be NO captured moments if I don't let God help me with this day, so instead of jumping out of bed and starting on all those "things", I stayed in bed and said a rosary. That takes me about half an hour, so as I was praying, I was also asking God to let me be in this moment and make it the best moment. It worked, it was and now the day is started right!
In spite of this 'to do' list, I am going to 'stop' to go look at our garden and 'stop' to play cards with my hubby and 'stop' to be extra aware of the people I meet as I go out to accomplish so much and put in extra effort to be kind when others are not (is it okay to still make faces, Lord, especially if they can't see me?)

It is going to be such a busy day that it's super important that I need to treasure each moment and not let it become a blur. Crazy as it may seem, I have found that I can get more done this way instead of rushing around like a crazed maniac and having to re-trace my footsteps to re-do something because I'm trying to be the pilot when God should be...steps of trust need to be taken as He takes over the 'controls'.

Here is a motivating and "slowing down" quote:

"Words of inspiration lift the spirit, boost morale and nudge you in the direction you want to go. No two people are inspired quite the same way, and what inspires is as unique as the sound of your laughter. No two people are inspired quite the same way. One person’s inspiration may come from reading a book, poem or quote. Another may be inspired by music, the sound of children’s laughter or silence that encourages reflective thinking."

Now, for a very appropriate joke about trusting God to take care of things:

The Fall


A man named Jack was walking along a steep cliff one day, when he accidentally got too close to the edge and fell.

On the way down he grabbed a branch, which temporarily stopped his fall. He looked down and to his horror saw that the canyon fell straight down for more than a thousand feet. He couldn't hang onto the branch forever, and there was no way for him to climb up the steep wall of the cliff.

So Jack began yelling for help, hoping that someone passing by would hear him and lower a rope or something. HELP! HELP! Is anyone up there? "HELP!" He yelled for a long time, but no one heard him.

He was about to give up when he heard a voice. Jack, Jack. Can you hear me?" "Yes, yes! I can hear you. I'm down here!" "I can see you, Jack. Are you all right?" "Yes, but who are you, and where are you? "I am the Lord, Jack. I'm everywhere."

"The Lord? You mean, GOD?" "That's Me." "God, please help me! I promise if, you'll get me down from here, I'll stop sinning. I'll be a really good person. I'll serve You for the rest of my life."

"Easy on the promises, Jack. Let's get you off from there; then we can talk." "Now, here's what I want you to do. Listen carefully." "I'll do anything, Lord. Just tell me what to do."

"Okay. Let go of the branch.""What?" "I said, let go of the branch. Just trust Me. Let go."

There was a long silence.

Finally Jack yelled, "HELP! HELP! IS ANYONE ELSE UP THERE?"





~~~~For the blessings of getting the chance to re-start a day when things get too hectic or go wrong, I thank You Lord.

8 comments:

  1. Dear Marcy, I hope your day brings you unexpected and special moments. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, Marcy. It's so important to start our day spending time with God. When I fail to do that because of the many things I have to do, I cannot do what I need to and I feel frustrated. I hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always 'gain' something wonderful and insightful coming here to visit with you. You always choose to see and act on what is most important.
    Reading you and so many others in the 'blog' world is what inspires me to seek and find the good.
    Thank you!!
    And again, I loved the joke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great meditation ~ and reminder to slow down and smell the roses ~ and starting with the rosary is perfect! Blessings, Marcy! I just love stopping over here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My personal quiet time is just after I wake...no distractions...already relaxed...it's a perfect time to be purposefully grateful...sets the mood for the rest of my day...puts a smile on my face.
    It's nice to read blogs that remind us to be aware of the moments of our lives.Enjoy your day Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although my day is almost over here at the office, I totally agree with you. "TRUST" completely and every little thing or BIG thing always falls into place. Thanks for sharing and always reminding us of what is most important.....hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your posts are always so inspiring Marcy. It seems like when I hurry I miss half of the day. I have learned to stop and take a little more time than I used to and not worry so much about it all getting done. I like to pray in the mornings too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marcy, I love this post. I have a CD with Roma Downey leading the rosary, with her soft voice and Irish accent it's beautiful. My mum gave me a beautiful crystal rosary for Christmas 20 years ago and many nights this is what I listen to and say, it is a very special time for me.....:-) Hugs my friend and many blessings to you always

    ReplyDelete

Comments are blessings too...