Friday, May 1, 2009

The Gift of Friends

Today is dedicated to friends...the old and the new, all enriching our lives and making us better people. How blessed I am to have met so many wonderful, kind, sharing, caring, inspiring and loving people here, so I salute and honor meeting:


Eileen, Bernie, Diana, Lisa, Renna, Amy, Jerelene, Cathy, Lorie, Susana, Carol, Linda, Sharon, Joolz, Lara, Ann...and to future friends...thank you, thank you, Heavenly Father, for these wonderful "presents"!!

After much thought, and thinking of each of you as I did it, here is an "alphabetical" dedication to the first letter of your name:

A...Always available & helpful

B...Bountiful blessing each day

C...Charitable, charming & unselfish

D...Delightful & caring

E...Excelling in all ways

J...Joyful to read

L...Loving, informative & kind

R...Rewarding & thoughtful

S...Sweet & understanding


There's actually no problem applying ALL of these to each of you!!!


A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they're not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they're not so bad. ~Arnold H. Glasglow


Yesterday brought the beginning, tomorrow brings the end, and somewhere in the middle we became the best of friends. ~Author Unknown


A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails. ~Donna Roberts

Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things. ~Author Unknown


Soul-mates are people who bring out the best in you. They are not perfect but are always perfect for you. ~Author Unknown


If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me. ~Author Unknown

A friend is the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out. ~Grace Pulpit


There are big ships and small ships. But the best ship of all is friendship. ~Author Unknown


The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had. ~Author Unknown

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked. ~Author Unknown


Friends are kisses blown to us by angels. ~Author Unknown


It is the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter. ~Marlene Dietrich


A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart. ~Author Unknown
What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. ~Aristotle


I like her because she smiles at me and means it. ~Anonymous

Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand. ~Emily Kimbrough


Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh!" he whispered. "Yes, Piglet?" "Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you." ~A.A. Milne

And a special 3 gun salute to my Michael who is my "bestest friend"!!


M = mighty funny Michael, mighty loving, mighty kind, mighty thoughtful, mighty spiritual and let's not forget mighty muscles!!!!


The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had. ~Author


Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. ~Marcel Proust

Here's mighty Michael making one of his famous funny faces:


We have been friends together


In sunshine and in shade.~Caroline Sheridan Norton



If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give. ~George MacDonald



And here is today's joke:


A Sure Bet


A strong young man at the construction site was bragging that he could outdo anyone in a feat of strength. He made a special case of making fun of Morris, one of the older workmen. After several minutes, Morris had enough.


"Why don't you put your money where your mouth is?" he said. "I will bet a week's wages that I can haul something in a wheelbarrow over to that outbuilding that you won't be able to wheel back."


"You're on, old man," the braggart replied. "It's a bet! Let's see what you got." Morris reached out and grabbed the wheelbarrow by the handles. Then, nodding to the young man, he said, "All right. Get in."





~~~How unworthy I am of your many blessings, Lord and I so thank You for I see You in these friends and that makes me a better me!

10 comments:

  1. You are a delight! I really enjoyed this! Have a wonderful weekend! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marcy you are so sweet and thoughtful yourself.You are all of those things you mentioned.If you weren't you wouldn't have attracted all of us!
    I can't wait to read that joke to Jake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so sweet!
    And you are so right. I've made so many new friends through blogging, you get a wonderful chance to peek into someone's heart when you read the words they write, and an instant kinship is formed. It's wonderful! As are you!
    Marcy ~ Merry and Moving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a doll!! Marcy - Merry and mirthful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear marcy, What a wonderful and heart felt post. Thank you ♥ I love all of the friendship quotes you included and I always like your jokes. You put so much into your post and I just want you to know I appreciate you so much. You light up my day. I always learn here too. I have never heard of a candle refered to as anything ominous either. I hope you have a great weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet, sweet post, Marcy! :-)

    Right back atcha! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marcy, in honor of Bea Arthur, thank you for being my friend, it is I who feels blessed to have met you through blogging and I look forward each and everyday to your post, pictures and jokes. I do count my bountiful blessing everyday and you my dear friend are one of them.....I like the "friends are kisses blown to us by angels" Have a wonderful weekend.....:-) Hugs, Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marcy, Jake laughed at this joke!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank You so much Marcy!! You are just so sweet! Friendship truly is a blessing..what would we do without them. I appreciate you including me..I'm honored..What a sweet and thoughtful friend YOU are!!!
    With kind thoughts, Jerelene :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delightful! Your blog is simply delightful!
    Glad to be here!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are blessings too...