Tuesday, May 26, 2009

***It was Myla's Birthday May 25th***

I wanted Myla to have her own special birthday post, so I waited until after yesterday's holiday.



Here is my precious granddaughter Myla at one year old, helping to pick the abundant blueberries at my friend, Mimi's house...she's pretty darn tickled to be getting those blueberries. The only problem was that she loves them so much, she wouldn't drop them in the cup, but just kept on eating them!!




Here is darling little Myla at two years old, once again visiting Georgia from Phoenix, AZ and once again helping to pick some blueberries at Mimi's, but this time she actually would put some in the bowl and eat some and put some and eat some...





This is Myla helping decorate the Easter tree in Phoenix, AZ this year and very pleased about it...think she may have her sweet mama's crafty side.












More darling and recent pictures of the little girl with no curl who turned three yesterday!








After my son's first born, Corbyn blessed us with his appearance into this world, we were so enthralled with how cute he was and how he had these big beautiful eyes and long lashes. When we found out that another blessing was on the way three years later, we wondered how the next baby could keep up with Corbyn's precedent of cuteness and beauty. We discovered that God solved that problem by making, in effect, a girl Corbyn. Not really, but they do look so much alike, yet one is left handed and one is right handed. Corbyn started out so agreeable (for the longest time) with everything mommy wanted, whereas Myla started out with her own little ideas of what she did and didn't want.


Myla has always been 'gifted' with the biggest, best smile there is. When she came into Georgia as a little baby, to visit, I was worried about how she would behave with me ( I hadn't seen her since I went to Phoenix to help out after her birth), but there was nothing to worry about as she greeted me with the sweetest and happiest of smiles. It was then that I gave her my pet nickname for her...Myla Smyla!


Here's Michael, me and Myla visiting Fernbank Museum in Atlanta last year:


She is a treasure and I can't smooch or hug her enough!!


Now for some jokes (you might notice the names have been changed, hee hee):



A father wanted to read the paper, but was being bothered by his little daughter, Myla. Finally, he took a sheet out of his magazine, on which was printed the map of the world. Tearing it into small pieces, he gave it to Myla, and said, "Go into the other room and see if you can put this together."


After a few minutes, Myla returned and handed him the map correctly fitted together. The father was very surprised and asked how she had finished so quickly.


"Oh", she said, "on the other side of the paper is a picture of Jesus. When I got Jesus in His place, then the world came out all right."


~~~~


One Spring afternoon, I came home to find two little girls on the steps of my building. Both were crying hard, shedding big tears.


Thinking they might be hurt, I dropped my briefcase and quickly went over to them. "Are you all right?" I asked.


Still sobbing, one held up her doll. "My baby's arm came off," she said. I took the doll and its disjointed arm. After a little effort and luck, the doll was again whole.


"Thank you." came a whisper.


Next looking into the tearful eyes of her friend, I asked, "and what's the matter with you, young lady?"


She wiped her cheeks. "I was helping her cry," she said.


~~~~


Little Myla, 4 years old, walked down the beach, and as she did, she spied a matronly woman sitting under a beach umbrella on the sand. She walked up to her and asked, "Are you a Christian?" "


Yes." she replied.


"Do you read your Bible every day?"


She nodded her head, "Yes."


"Do you pray often?" the girl asked next, and again she answered, "Yes."


With that she asked her final question,"Will you hold my quarter while I go swimming?"





~~~Lord, how is it possible to thank You sufficiently for the enormous blessings of the little children in this world, but thank You, thank You so much!!!

13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday (belated), Myla!!
    She's very beautiful, and she does look so huggable!
    It's no wonder babies are so easy to love, God made them so beautiful so that we couldn't help but love them!
    She really looks sweet, Marcy, and I love the picture of the three of you!

    I had a dream about you last night, Marcy! I dreamt that I was on some kind of a walking tour and along the way were all these beautiful flowers and trees, and the guide then said, "And here we have this very beautiful red flower" and I looked over and noticed that it was a red-headed woman he was talking about, and then I realized it was Marcy, my blog friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marcy! This is a wonderful tribute to (and for) your Granddaughter!

    ~Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myla "Smyla" is so very cute Marcy...those eyes and smile are special...and 3 is such a sweet age...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little star Myla is. I love being a grandma.Every moment we get to spend with them is so special.They really are a true blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Myla, a beautiful name for such a beautiful little girl. Lovely picture of the three of you, enjoyed your jokes Marcy, always a hoot. Have a great day my friend,
    ....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a few days of catching up to do! I love your grandaughter post, such a sweetie. My husband too, is a Viet Nam Marine Veteran, and served his country well, luckily he was wounded and returned home, and not in a body bag. Thank you for the tribute also! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marcy ...it's me again...you are such a special person with your very generous comments...and they often make me smile too...Thank You so much for your kindness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't have any little Myla's of our own so thanks for letting us share yours.

    love, Angie, xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday Myla!
    Marcy your little granddaughter looks like a precious angel ♥ She's just beautiful. Grandchildren are just the best. I think they allow us to relive our childhood. She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it love it. I finally got back around to enjoy some web time. She really is a special little lady. I love her bunches and bunches. Thanks for all the sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Marcy, I just came across your blog tonight for the first time; after seeing you make a comment on another blog; I think it was Joyfulsister's blogaversery or something like that. Of course your blog will reach others just the same. Oh, how i love that first puzzle joke your shared; how awesome is that?! Well nice to meet you; you have a lovely blog and lovely family. I decided to follow you now. Hope to see you stop by my blog and visit us from time to time as well. It is so awesome to make new friends in Christ. Please feel invited to stop by and pay a short visit. Lots of care,

    In Him,
    Sarah Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marcy, your grandaughter is a doll!! What a lucky grandma you are to have such a sweet little grandbaby!! As always..thank you so much for the smiles and laughs!! You are just the kind of person I would love to meet in real life..not just in cyber!! Love, Jerelene

    ReplyDelete

Comments are blessings too...