Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Back and Forth Post..and the forth part now



Well I pulled my little guts out on the front lawn of the church, but it's gonna take a lot more pulling to get it all done, especially since I was the only one there in that area (at least I got a lot of praying done...near the end some of it went "Oh, Lord please help me make it to that corner where I'll finish.")...others were trimming and pruning and sawing and cleaning...guess the pulling is not so much fun (boy, am I a good judge of fun or what?) for everyone.



The back of me and this dog had a lot in common!!:

Of course, someone had to take some pictures for our newsletter and sensed that I would be a good subject, all there by myself...the head line will probably read "Crazy redhead takes on whole lawn and lawn wins!"




I have decided that some weeds have roots that go to China and on that end they must look like pretty flowers and the Chinese (all of them) are pulling against me!! My right hand is actually very unhappy with me and a little swollen...wonder how the Chinese hands are???




I had the oh so clever idea of using a plastic bag to sit on as the lawn was wet, so I would drag it with me as I went, (ever so slowly) from one spot to the next. Sad to say, the bag decided to disintegrate on its own, but I was so intent on my mission of weed pulling that it escaped me until I finally called it quits almost two hours later. Upon standing up (slowly and painfully) I felt more than a little damp...it seems I had used the bottom of my pants and pants' legs to "clean the lawn", so I was not only very wet but very muddy!




Michael wanted me to pick up some coffee for him from a convenience store on my way home, but I didn't want to cause accidents by walking into or out of some place looking like I was in a mud hole wrestling pigs.



P.S. For Eileen, who asked: I just started taking thyroid meds about seven months ago after a routine blood work up. It said in the prescription warnings not to take it to lose weight, but it should have added "because it won't help at all... ever!" That's one time I would have enjoyed a side effect.


(Earlier post today:)
Okay...here is the game plan for me today...eat something in a few minutes because by then my thyroid med will have done its thing, gather my trusty screwdrivers and gloves, some water and something to snack on (this is "just in case" since I have intermittent hypoglycemia which means that when the hunger feeling hits randomly, I become likely to grab most anything to eat that is handy, so it could look pretty wacko if only shrubs and grass are available at the church grounds (although when I burped up my alfalfa tablet yesterday, it did taste like I had been eating grass...yum...NOT!) After I finish this activity, part two of "the Plan" is to come back home and finish this Post, so hold onto your seats as more thrills will be coming later.

Must give you your joke fix for today, though:


Tell what happened

The policeman arrived at the scene of an accident to find that a car had struck a telephone pole.


Searching for witnesses, he discovered a pale, nervous young man in work clothes who claimed he was an eyewitness. "Exactly where were you at the time of the accident?" inquired the officer.


"Mister," exclaimed the telephone lineman, "I was at the top of the pole!"



F.B.I. phone logs


The following is a direct quote from the Center for Strategic and International Studies report on GLOBAL ORGANIZED CRIME. FBI agents conducted a raid of a psychiatric hospital in San Diego that was under investigation for medical insurance fraud.


After hours of reviewing thousands of medical records, the dozens of agents had worked up quite an appetite. The agent in charge of the investigation called a nearby pizza parlor with delivery service to order a quick dinner for his colleagues.


The following telephone conversation took place and was recorded by the FBI because they were taping all conversations at the hospital.

Agent: Hello. I would like to order 19 large pizzas and 67 cans of soda.


Pizza Man: And where would you like them delivered?


Agent: We're over at the psychiatric hospital.


Pizza Man: The psychiatric hospital?


Agent: That's right. I'm an FBI agent.


Pizza Man: You're an FBI agent?


Agent: That's correct. Just about everybody here is.


Pizza Man: And you're at the psychiatric hospital? Agent: That's correct. And make sure you don't go through the front doors. We have them locked. You will have to go around to the back to the service entrance to deliver the pizzas.


Pizza Man: And you say you're all FBI agents? Agent: That's right. How soon can you have them here?


Pizza Man: And everyone at the psychiatric hospital is an FBI agent?


Agent: That's right. We've been here all day and we're starving.


Pizza Man: How are you going to pay for all of this? Agent: I have my checkbook right here. Pizza Man: And you're all FBI agents?


Agent: That's right. Everyone here is an FBI agent. Can you remember to bring the pizzas and sodas to the service entrance in the rear? We have the front doors locked.


Pizza Man: I don't think so. ** Click **

***For the blessings of so many good things to do today, I thank you, Lord.

8 comments:

  1. LOVED the jokes!
    And don't work too hard today! Stay hydrated!
    I'll be back later for more 'good stuff'!

    How long have you been on thyroid medication? Does it give you more energy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Just dropping in from another blog and saw that you are a remarried widow! Me too! I am so thankful to have been privileged to love two very special men, as it appears you have been blessed too. I see you have a sense of humor and I'm sure it has carried you a long way, as well as your faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine every muscle you have is sore tonight! Take care and enjoy your Sunday. Thanks for the cute jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Marcy, you are so good to do all that work and ON YOUR OWN!!
    I hope you are soaking your aching body in a hot tub, listening to some soft soothing music, or snoring away right now! You deserve a good rest!
    Never get in a tug-of-war with a billion (plus) Chinese people again!

    Take care of yourself, my friend! And rest up tomorrow if you can.
    Love and Prayers,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marcy you are such a beautiful spirit, I love how you go about doing your chores with humor and love. I truly hope your hand and body aches are better, offer them up as a penance even thoough you already have a pass right up to heaven. God Bless my friend....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to publish your experience with the weeds in the front lawn and distribute to the members of our church. Instead we just put a little blurb in the bulletin for this very day: "Volunteers needed to weed the flower beds around church. Just come and work on your own time and serve the Lord, the congregation, and the neighborhood."

    We had a work day a week ago, but no one got around to the weeding project. Hmmmmm!???

    Your attitude and sense of humor are like the spoonful of sugar that makes the medicine go down - and I'm not talking about the thyroid stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marcy - I was so sure I must have missed something so I never asked you before but I hsve to now before my curiosity tips me over the edge: why do you use a screwdriver for getting weeds out? We don't bother getting the weeds out of our lawns. There would be no green left if we did!

    love, Angie, xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always lose the battle wrestling with weeds. It seems that everytime I get one out they send their little family of reinforcements LOL I enjoyed reading your post but I know how sore you feel. I have to get back to my weeding tomorrow. I'm trying to catch up today.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are blessings too...