Monday, May 11, 2009

Later Alligator, Bye for Awhile Crocodile, See you soon


Well, I am answering a "call to duty", an extension of what Mother's Day is all about, even when our children are grown. Of course there are some great rewards, as I will be able to smooch and spoil my three grandchildren...it would be sweetest if my Michael could have come along, though.
I will be heading today to south Georgia for six days, to help my oldest daughter as they finalize and move into their new home...fortunately, through Ria's great budgeting and saving skills, they are able to take advantage of today's buyer's market and finally get their own home, what a blessing.



A carpet layer had just finished installing carpet for a lady. He stepped out for a smoke, only to realize he'd lost his cigarettes. In the middle of the room, under the carpet, was a bump. ''No sense pulling up the entire floor for one pack of smokes,'' he said to himself. He proceeded to get out his hammer and flattened the hump. As he was cleaning up, the lady came in. ''Here,'' she said, handling him his pack of cigarettes. ''I found them in the hallway.'' ''Now,'' she said, ''if only I could find my cell phone.''.




Clean those restrooms

On her way home from a long trip, a blonde drove past a sign that said "CLEAN RESTROOMS 8 MILES."By the time she drove eight miles, she had cleaned 43 restrooms.



Get me an ambulance now

A man, after being hurt, calls 911 for help.
Man: Operator, operator, call me an ambulance!
Operator: Okay, sir, you're an ambulance!

I will sorely miss my wonderful blogger friends while I am gone. If possible, I will at least try to read and get online, but Ria only has the use of her mother-in-law's PC now, so time and opportunity will hinge on what I can do. Please know that, as always (hmmm...maybe I never mentioned this before?) that I will be praying for all of you as I do everyday.

So please remember to find your oases in your hearts and souls if I can't give you this little oasis here from the stresses and trials of this world. Prayer is a wonderful answer to all of this!!


A missing person


Recently, a distraught wife went to the local police station, along with her next-door neighbor, to report that her husband was missing. The policeman asked for a description of the missing man.The wife said, "He is 35 years old, 6-foot 4-inches, has dark eyes, dark wavy hair, an athletic build, weighs 185 pounds, is soft-spoken, and is good to the children."The next-door neighbor protested, "Your husband is 5-foot 8-inches, chubby, bald, has a big mouth, and is mean to your children."The wife replied, "Yes, but who wants HIM back?"
~~~Thank you Lord for the blessings of friends and family, even when we can't be close to them by word or touch.

10 comments:

  1. Marcy, I'm going to miss you so much!
    I love coming here each day to read your posts!

    Have a good trip, and don't work too hard, and enjoy your family! You're a good Mom!

    I enjoyed the jokes! You always make me smile.

    I'll be anxiously awaiting your return!
    Safe journey.
    Love and Prayers,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I also meant to thank you for your prayers. I truly do believe there is no greater gift anyone can give or receive than the Gift of Prayer.
    Thank you!
    And know that you are in my prayers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy reading your post and visiting your blog for the first time. I love reading the funny stories. They are hilarious!! Thanks so much for sharing.

    Have a safe and bless trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thank you Lord for the gift of humour and the unique ability of the human race to LAUGH.

    I pray the house move goes smoothly. You go enjoy your family Marci. Have a great time and come back soon.

    love, Angie, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will miss you Marcy, but moving into a new home is such an exciting experience,and how special that you'll get to share it with your daughter and her family.Enjoy your time with them Marcy, I'm sure Michael will miss you lot's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will pray for a safe and productive trip for you Marcy. Enjoy your family, I will miss you and your lovely blog every day, hurry back......:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I did the same with my daughter when she moved from Maryland to NC. We did it all, the packing....garage sale, the whole thing...her hubby was already working there and living in an apt. until their home was built. It was quiet the job for the 2 of us..but so much fun...I was gone for a month and loved every minute of it! We laughed and giggled and stayed up all hours and some days didn't even get dressed! Nothing like a mother-daughter all grown bonding! Have fun! Don't get too worn out! we will miss your posts...hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful visit with your family.

    As always, your post brought me many smiles. Thanks for being so faithful.

    As for my two blogs...I wish I could say I'm always on top of things! I've actually thought about adding another, but it would only drive me crazy trying to keep up with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful that you'll be there to help your daughter and her family. Hope you enjoy the visit! (Good giggles this morning, as always. Thank you!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know you're still away, I just popped over to tell you that I miss visiting here each day!
    Hurry back!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are blessings too...