First and foremost I would like to pay tribute to the greatest mother of all, the mother of our Saviour, Jesus...Happiest of Mother's days, Mother Mary!
Yesterday I received a wonderfully loving blessing from my marvelous son, Mario who, along with his lovely wife Brande and two gorgeous children, live in Arizona.
He picked this beautiful floral arrangement that also included the lovely cup and saucer for me and it is so perfect as I have a friend who said that it is important to have a special cup and saucer to have a special drink in, be it tea or hot chocolate (in my case), so I bought one for myself but it wasn't "special". Finally, I have a special one...thank you son, I love you beyond words (not for this but because you are you!).
Next, to all of you wonderful mothers (or women who have mothered any living creature(...hmmm, think even husbands qualify under this) who post and share your love with the rest of us. Thank you for your caring and sharing and forbearing (there is a poet in me, isn't there?)
How about some lovely random pictures of a precious baby hand in the mommy's? Or a little girl loving God's snow? Or even the garden wishing us a Happy Mother's Day (never saw this one before)?
To all of you ladies:
O...is for how the love for our children makes us Overdo all things
T...is for the (hopefully many) Times we thanked God above
H...is for all the Happiness that comes from this love
E...is for the Earth, so important to "mother" her too
R...is for all the Rewards and blessings I wish on all of you!
Now, for any of us who have thought maybe we fall short of being the best mother, this humorous (and actually, kinda sad) list below will make you feel like you did a great job (unless, of course one of you wrote one of these...my advice, just shhhhhhh!)
Scary But True (or scary because it's true)
"These are real notes written by parents in a U.S. school district.
Spellings have been left intact.
Spellings have been left intact.
1. My son is under a doctor's care and should not take PE today. Please execute him.
2. Please exkuce lisa for being absent she was sick and i had her shot..
3. Dear school: please ecsc's john being absent on jan. 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 and also 33.
4. Please excuse gloria from jim today.. She is administrating.
5. Please excuse roland from p.e. for a few days. Yesterday he fell out of a tree and misplaced his hip.
6. John has been absent because he had two teeth taken out of his face.
7. Carlos was absent yesterday because he was playing football. He was hurt in the growing part.
8. Megan could not come to school today because she has been bothered by very close veins.
9. Chris will not be in school cus he has an acre in his side.
10. Please excuse ray friday from school. He has very loose vowels.
11. Please excuse Lesli from being absent yesterday. She had dyrea direa the the poops.
12. Please excuse tommy for being absent yesterday. He had diarrhea, and his boots leak.
13. Irving was absent yesterday because he missed his bust.
14. Please excuse jimmy for being. It was his father's fault.
15. I kept Billie home because she had to go Christmas shopping because i don't know what size she wear.
16. Please excuse jennifer for missing school yesterday. We forgot to get the sunday paper off the porch, and when we found it monday. We thought it was sunday.
17. Sally won't be in school a week from friday. We have to attend her funeral.
18. My daughter was absent yesterday because she was tired. She spent a weekend with the marines..
19. Please excuse Jason for being absent yesterday. He had a cold and could not breed well.
20. Please excuse mary for being absent yesterday. She was in bed with gramps.
21. Gloria was absent yesterday as she was having a gangover.
22. Please excuse brenda. She has been sick and under the doctor.
23. Maryann was absent december 11-16, because she had a fever, sorethroat, headache and upset stomach. Her sister was also sick, fever an sore throat, her brother had a low grade fever and ached all over. I wasn't the best either, sore throat and fever. There must be something going around, her father even got hot last night.
Now we know why parents are screaming for better education for our kids.
(The kids are probably screaming for their parents to be educated. ) "
~~~What blessings we have to thank You for Heavenly Father, the incredible gift of caring and nurturing that You instilled in us!