Sunday, May 17, 2009

She's baaack (hopefully without the aack!)










Well, here I am again...what a "ride" that was...lots of challenges, prayers and of course, smooching the three little ones!



Surprisingly, there was a lot of time for prayer (guess you squeeze in things when you really want to) which was very needed when Ria told me what she did (that will be tomorrow's post...is this like one of those mysteries where the heroine is on the edge of the cliff and you have to wait until the next day?)



Well, Blogspot is not cooperating and won't let me upload any more pictures...guess it isn't "striving to be a saint on Sunday"!! This means you have to use your imaginations (something film makers don't let us do anymore) and picture a load of mail a mile high (or at least a few inches). Michael is so sweet, he saves it all for me, so these treasures like 'please send me money because I found a flea on my dog', 'here are a few more bazillion address labels for you (which may or may not have your name spelled right) so send money fast', 'you may have won something and we're not sure what so please send us a check', 'your long lost relative from another galaxy has left you an inheritance that has so many zeros after it we ran out of paper so please send us a check for the paper so we can send you some more long lost relative inheritances' and then a smattering of bills and they don't even try to charm me unless there is charm in 'pay by this date or you will be in the dark both mentally and physically'.




Both Michael and Kelly worked to have the front and back yard looking almost like a cover for Better Homes and Gardens, so hooray for those sweetie pies! Need to take some pictures (so I can frustrate myself when Blogspot won't upload them for me!).




OK, here is a goofy joke that made both Michael and me laugh:




Ventriloquist
A young ventriloquist is touring the clubs and one night he's doing a show in a small town in Arkansas With his dummy on his knee, he starts going through his usual dumb blonde jokes.

Suddenly, a blonde woman in the 4th row stands on her chair and starts shouting, 'I've heard enough of your stupid blonde jokes. What makes you think you can stereotype women that way? What does the color of a person's hair have to do with her worth as a human being? Its guys like you who keep women like me from being respected at work and in the community, and from reaching our full potential as a person.
You and your kind continue to perpetuate discrimination against not only blondes, but women in general...and all in the name of humor!'

The embarrassed ventriloquist begins to apologize, and the blonde yells, 'You stay out of this, mister! I'm talking to that little jerk on your knee.'


P.S. Not only did I miss all of you, but I checked up on you via Ria's mother-in-law's PC, but I couldn't leave comments, although I really wanted to...especially when I saw Eileen's cute little "Marcy's gone AWOL" post...that brought a huge smile to my face as well as a little happiness tear!




~~~Thank You dear Lord, for turning difficult situations into prayerful situations and for all the safe departures and arrivals You give us.

6 comments:

  1. Marcy's back, Marcy's back yeah!! Sorry about that post Marcy, I was trying to do something and couldn't get it right.Katie got into major teen trouble yesterday so the computer was off limits to her even to help me.It was a pretty bad day for us.I'm hoping today will be better,and if she just apologizes for her major mistake things will be better,but when Katie messes up she turns it around and blames everyone else. I'm just trying to get her to take responsibility and apologize! So say a prayer for us and It is so nice to have you back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELCOME BACK, MARCY!!
    We've missed you!
    It's nice to have you back!
    And I'll be waiting on pins and needles for your next post now that you have my curiosity up!
    Loved your joke! Now my blog world is back to normal!
    Love and Prayers,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you are back my friend, I so missed hearing from you each day and was excited to receive a post this morning. How wonderful that Michael and Kelly had the lawns all done for your enjoyment, you are blessed my dear friend but then I'm sure you know that already.
    Have a great day and welcome home.....:) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to have you back Marcy. I love your jokes. I wish I could ever remember jokes but I can't. My brother has a special compartment in his brain labelled 'jokes' and can pull one out any time. My job is just to laugh like a drain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're back!!! I really LOVE your jokes...they always make me smile..and I really need that!! Lucky you...I need to have them come and work on my yard..I'm glad they take such good care of you! Love, Jerelene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marcy, I'm so glad your back. I liked the joke about the blonde too :>)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are blessings too...