Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Some Har hars and Hee hees



Ring a Bell?
Father John is walking down the street one day when he notices Nathan, a very small boy, trying to press a doorbell on a house across the street. However, Nathan is very small and the doorbell is too high for him to reach. After watching the boy's efforts for some time, Father John moves closer to Nathan's position. He steps smartly across the street, walks up behind the little fellow and, placing his hand kindly on the child's shoulder leans over and gives the doorbell a solid ring.
Crouching down to Nathan's level, Father John smiles benevolently and asks, 'And now what, my little man?' To which Nathan replies with a beaming grin, 'Now we run!'

A recently ordained priest, Father Henry, was to hold his first ever graveside burial service at a pauper's cemetery for an destitute man with no family or friends.
Father Henry, not knowing where the cemetery was, made several wrong turns and got lost.
He eventually arrived an hour late, the hearse was nowhere in sight, the spade was next to the open hole, and the workmen were sitting under a tree eating lunch.
Father Henry, being a reliable young priest went to the open grave and found the vault lid already in place. Feeling guilty because of his lateness, he preached an impassioned and lengthy service, sending the deceased to the great beyond in considerable style.
As the good Father returned to his car, he overheard one of the workman say to the other, ' Do you know, fancy that, I've been putting in septic tanks for twenty five years and I ain't never seen anything like that.'



Today's Hymn
Reverend Clive Morgan was completing his homily in St John's Church about the dangers of alcohol and the need for moderation and temperance.
He announced at the end of the sermon in a loud, clear voice, 'If I had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river.' With even greater emphasis he added, 'And if I had all the wine in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river.' Finally, he intoned in an extremely serious manner, 'And if I had all the whiskey in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river.'


The Reverend Morgan then sat down. Jerry, St John's leading chorister stood up and announced with a smile, 'For our closing hymn this Sunday, let us sing together hymn number 109: 'Shall We Gather at the River.'
Hopefully this won't scare you too much, but more will be added to this post after I go down and make some home-made banana pancakes!!
With a full tummy, I am back. By the way, this recipe is very easy to change to peach, blueberry etc. pancakes and I have done those as well. It's just that bananas are SO healthy for us and by the time they look pitiful and ready to throw in the freezer, they are perfect for the pancakes.
I didn't realize that these three jokes would fill up the blog so much, so I won't add much more, just to let you know that tomorrow I will share some of my funny (that depends on the receiver and the maker) recipe surprises. Also can share the easy home-made pancake recipe, if you like.
Also, one little snicker... while Michael was busy in the shower singing to himself and generally having a great time, I walked in and hid on the other side of the towel rung (which he hung for giants like himself, way up there) and waited patiently. He finished and attempted to pull the towel off the rung and I held on to the other part of the towel, so he pulled harder...after the third time he opened up the shower door to see what was causing the towel to be so stuck and he burst out laughing!
~~Lord, the blessings you give us are tremendous, thank you for laughter.

6 comments:

  1. These were so cute!
    And I love banana pancakes almost as much as I love blueberry pancakes! Can I have some too?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I love apple cinnamon pancakes! I love these jokes, all of them. Thanks Marcy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were right. I hardy har'd, and hee hee'd. ;-Þ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the towel joke best!

    And I would so appreciate the banana pancake recipe if you get a chance!

    I'm having trouble posting today so I hope you get this.
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marcy, cuánta verdad, y nunca se me ocurrió agradecer por la risa...es verdad! hay que agradecer a Dios, por sobre todas las cosas, tambien por la risa, por la felicidad que nos dan las pequeñas cosas!
    a mi personalmente me gustan muuuuucho los panqueques de manzana, con caramelo=lo que se hace calentando el azúcar en el fuego, se entiende? besitos Marcy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I'm craving pancakes!! I love pancakes though so that's not a bad thing.. I think we'll have a pancake brunch today.that sounds good:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are blessings too...