Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday of Holy Week

On this first day of Holy Week, I would like to share a prayer that I found after I lost my beloved husband and one that has continued to be comforting as my Christian journey continues and grows because sometimes it is so hard to make sense of our circumstances:


Mother Teresa’s Prayer On Walls Of Homes For The Destitute

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered; Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.


If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you’ve got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your Higher Spirit, GOD;
It was never between you and them anyway!
Thank you , God for the blessings of trying to love no matter what.

5 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing... this prayer is uplifting. I hope that I can look forward to more of these during 'Holy Week'. We love you Ganga more than you know. take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post and...............nice picture, too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful prayer. Beautiful way to start Holy Week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful prayer to start a beautiful week. I find such peace and thankfulness in this prayer and it reinforces all I personally feel about my life. May many read and re-read this wonderful post. I so love it:) Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Thank you and God Bless!! Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are blessings too...