Friday, April 24, 2009

Chills and Thrills

Well, having visited Eileen's Blog this morning, I am inspired to try all sorts of Fridays..... favorite, friendly, fabulous, fun, frantic etc.


Today will be a mix of fun and frantic as the plan is to do some heavy duty shopping at BJs (the warehouse that is like Sam's but not)this morning (Michael has the next three days off). In fact he is absolutely thrilled with the idea of the shopping, but he is great at "masking" his excitement by having gone back to bed and sleeping. He must not know that I know how thrilled he really is! This will be followed by non stop elation at mulching the plants in the back or front yard...those frowns don't fool me! I'm saving the best for last...if he's REALLY good, we will spread the composted cow manure too!! Well, it's time to go into the bedroom and sing "Rise and shine and give God the glory, glory" which is what I did to my kids when it was time to get up and get ready for school, but they were never truly appreciative, like Michael will be. Bet you are ALL wishing you were Michael (which would work out even as I bet he is wishing he were you, too!)
I will be back today with reports of more chills and thrills...
~~~Lord, this blessing of making work crazy and fun is so precious, thank you!

6 comments:

  1. Marcy, I love to read your blog, it always makes me smile and smiles are so important. Friday smiles are even better! Even thanking the Lord for manure to spread is a blessing in itself! lol. OH by the way, I found the blog that I have been so worried about and now I am even more worried....it was allsfairinloveand chocolate. Blog said it no longer exists. So please include the lady that once blogged in your prayers, for some reason my inner spirit is telling me she needs our prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marcy, you made me laugh out loud this morning, I hope you and Michael have a wonderful day, just spending it together will be fun.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, I don't know if Jake like's shopping with me or not. He never whines or complains so I guess he doesn't mind. One thing I know for sure, He always hated clothes shopping with any of the kids! When I go clothes shopping he always trys to pick things out for me.Sometimes it can be good and sometimes bad! Have a fun Friday Marcy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Marcy, I hope you and Michael have a wonderful, productive weekend!
    The only shopping Ray likes is shopping in Home Depot!
    He actually had a doctor's appointment this morning and decided the weather is so beautiful that he called into work and got permission to take the whole day off! So already we've been to Home Depot, bought a little shed, and he's got it all put together. Now he's looking to take a little nap! I'll let him rest for an hour or so and then I'll try your beautiful rise and shine song!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marcy! Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
    It's very nice to meet you.
    My Mom used to sing the Glory Glory song to us kids when it was time to get up and go to church.
    You also reminded me that I need to make a trip to BJ's as well. LOL.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your day was as grand as you'd hoped! Good weekend to you! Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are blessings too...