(This is the second of a two for one post day!)
This is just a really neat picture of the blooms on our red delicious apple tree. I took this a week or so ago and it was a dark and cloudy day (now that sounds like a good start for a novel!)TThese little tiny broccoli plants are now in the garden, planted a couple of days ago by Michael himself, who loves broccoli (guess he believed his mom when she said they were little trees and he was a big dinosaur).
Marvelous Michael got so much fence up yesterday when I came back from prayer group, that my mouth just hung open (hoping someone would stick a brownie in it) in amazement. I had actually teased him by giving him "undoable in the time allotted" chores and then he did them because HE didn't KNOW they were undoable in the time allotted. This is the back view of the fence where there will be hand-made gate (Tinka is peeking through).
This is the front with a hand-made gate.
Now for sleepy men and excuses:
More sleepy men...they're everywhere, they're everywhere!
Michael and I are supposed to go out to finish up some planting and mulching etc., but he is saying (as usual) that he has to wake up first. Let me explain that he can say this after being up for two hours, but it really means:
1. Maybe if I say this enough times or wait long enough, Marcy will forget all about it (this is a pretty lame one).
2. Maybe some random act of God will occur (something on the "parting of the Red Sea" line) and it will be done without me (can't you hear God chuckling over this one?).
3. Maybe some random act of God will occur and it will start snowing (Now I think He is tsk tsk tsking at Michael).
4. Maybe if we wait until the mail comes, we will have won a gardener if only we watch a sales presentation lasting 52 hours or more (much as he hates sales pressure, this one he might go to).
5. Maybe the neighbors will knock on our front door and beg to do the work for him (or maybe, more likely, Michael will go door to door begging them!).
Are you awake yet, Michael? It's not happening (imagine me singing this in a singsong voice like in Snow White).
Michael himself just added a couple of choice ones:
6. Maybe our dog Tinka will dig the holes to plant the trees (this IS a possibility, except for keeping her it in the desired location).
7. Maybe my wife will just do it for me (this hallucination has me convulsing with laughter!!!)
I received this in an e-mail. Personally, I have never been too concerned about the intelligence level of my right foot, but , for those of you who want to be smart all over, here you go:
"HOW SMART IS YOUR RIGHT FOOT?
"This is hysterical. You have to try this. It is absolutely true. I guess there are some things that the brain cannot handle. HOW SMART IS YOUR RIGHT FOOT? You have to try this please, it takes 2 seconds. I could not believe this! It is from an orthopaedic surgeon............ This will confuse your mind and you will keep trying over and over again to see if you can outsmart your foot, but, you can't. It is pre-programmed in your brain!
1. While sitting at your desk in front of your computer, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.
2. Now, while doing this, draw the number '6' in the air with your right hand. Your foot will change direction.
I told you so! And there's nothing you can do about it! You and I both know how stupid it is, but before the day is done you are going to try it again, if you've not already done so. "
~~~Thank you, Lord for the blessings of being able to do yard work and enjoy it.