Saturday, October 3, 2009

Saturday gets Friday's Favorite...Great Green Things

This was supposed to be posted yesterday as a Friday favorite but it now will be a Saturday post posing as a Friday one.
Although I truly love all colors, green does stay my favorite color. It just draws me to itself in many things and many ways. Who can resist a cute little leprechaun? Certainly not an Irish lass like me...
This guy is a tad big for being a leprechaun as well as a wee bit too big for his bike...

And to keep our minds informed and learning more, here is something about green from the Internet (you can click on the title for the site)....

Color Green


"Green is the color of nature, fertility, life. Grass green is the most restful color. Green symbolizes self-respect and well being. Green is the color of balance. It also means learning, growth and harmony. Green is a safe color, if you don't know what color to use anywhere use green.

Green is favored by well balanced people. Green symbolizes the master healer and the life force. It often symbolizes money. It was believed green was healing for the eyes. Egyptians wore green eyeliner. Green eyeshades are still used. You should eat raw green foods for good health. Friday is the day of green. Green jade is a sacred stone of Asia.

Green Energy
Green contains the powerful energies of nature, growth, desire to expand or increase. Balance and a sense of order are found in the color green. Change and transformation is necessary for growth, and so this ability to sustain changes is also a part of the energy of green.

Put some green in your life when you want:

a new state of balance
feel a need for change or growth
freedom to pursue new ideas
protection from fears and anxieties connected with the demands of others
Green gem stone properties
Green gemstones are used to attract money, prosperity and wealth. They are balancing stones that promote growth and fertility. Carry, wear or place green gemstones around your home or office to promote balance, change and growth."


While living in Arizona I learned to appreciate and love the cacti there. Here is a blooming prickly pear cactus and you can actually pick the ripened fruit, eat it as is, make jelly from it, use it in breads, etc...



And bananas are not only so good for you, but they are even a beautiful green before turning a yummy yellow...




And I so dearly love the woods and walking through the woods so this picture looks like a little piece of Heaven to me...

Here is a picture not only of a beautiful sunset in Arizona but also of the famous Saguaro cacti which are protected by state law...

And how can one not like a heart shaped cactus?...




This reminds me of a scene that could be in Ireland as I do remember seeing such beautiful greens (but usually with lots and lots of stone walls) when we visited there.....




And then we have another favorite with my favorite color, a Christmas tree. The smell of fresh pine just causes me to feel euphoric...



Beautiful fields like this one that is also farmed, just look like a monument to ease the spirit and refresh the eyes...


A nice contrast of two vibrant colors and red was my loving late hubby Mario's favorite color...


Land being used to grow wonderful things in lots of shades of green....



Yet another woodland scene where I would like to place a hammock, but if there were alot of bugs, I might need a 'bodyguard' lookout...think Diana would be great at this....

Now this looks like a moment captured by Wanda, so fresh and sweet....






When being "color coded" many years ago I learned that every color fits every person but it is important to remember that the shade of the color is what works for one and not another.
Green is just so soothing to me and it also is a symbol of hope...

Let's help keep the earth green by smiling and laughing....




One day, a man walked into an appliance store.
"Do you sell color televisions?"

"Yes," said the clerk. "Yes, we do."

"Then give me a green one.
"
*************
A favorite story among color-film processors concerns the negative of a poodle which a woman sent to a photo-finishing lab. When the print was made, the dog came out looking green. Figuring that there must have been a mistake in the color balance, a problem which plagues color processors, the lab tried again and again, and finally got the dog to come out a kind of improbable tan.

The woman who sent in the negative was furious when she got the picture of the tan poodle, which, she informed the lab, she had dyed green.
************
Keep the Green Side Up!
A woman hired a contractor to repaint the interior of her house. The woman walked the man through the second floor of her home and told him what colors she wanted for each room.

As they walked through the first room, the woman said, "I think I would like this room in a cream color."

The contractor wrote on his clipboard, walked to the window, opened it and yelled out, "Green side up!"

He then closed the window and continued following the woman to the next room. The woman looked confused, but proceeded with her tour.

"In this room, I was thinking of an offblue."

Again, the contractor wrote this down, went to the window, opened it and yelled out, "Green side up!"

This baffled the woman, but she was hesitant to say anything. In the next room, the woman said she would like it painted in a light rose color.

And once more, the contractor opened the window and yelled, "Green side up!"

Struck with curiosity, the woman mustered up the nerve to ask, "Why do you keep yelling 'Green side up' out my window every time I tell you the color I would like the room?"

The contractor replied, "Because I have a crew of blondes laying sod across the street."

*****************
We Want Two Budgies
Two blonde guys walk into a pet store. One says to the store owner, "We want four budgies."

The owner asks, "Do you want two males and two females, or all males or all females."

The blonde says, "It doesn't matter. Whatever you have."

The owner then asks, "Is green okay? We only have shades of green."

Again, the blonde says, "It doesn't matter. Whatever you have."

The owner says, "OK, then," gets four random budgies and puts them in a pet carrier. The second blonde guy gets out his wallet and pays for them. They leave with the birds.

They then drive to a high cliff. The first blonde reaches into the pet carrier and takes out two of the birds. Grasping them firmly, he flaps his arms and jumps off the cliff. He falls like a rock and goes SPLAT at the bottom.

The second blonde looks over the cliff at his friend and says, "Dang. This budgie jumping isn't what it's cracked up to be."

~~~Thank You Lord for the blessings of all the beautiful greens on this earth, may we respect and preserve them always.

13 comments:

  1. Oh my, I did so enjoy this post!!!! Green is my favorite color along with blue. Was told one time that one whose favorite colors were blue and green meant they were nature lovers!!! And you, my dear, must love blue too for your pictures of God's creations are a sure giveaway! Have a grand day! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcy you did it again...made me laugh while still in my pajamas! "The green side up" joke did it for me!

    I love green also, my livingroom furniture is forest green with splashes of maroons, buttery yellows, and different shades of blue/greens.

    I've been color coded too Marcy..."color code" for clothing and makeup is of the cool tones(Winter Code)...my daughter is of the warm tones though(Summer Code).

    The family of green colors is beautiful, but I don't think I could wear green eyeliner! Your post contains a lot of interesting facts Marcy, Love it. Hope you have a wonderful relaxing green filled weekend.

    Luv,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!
    Great jokes!

    I've never been color-coded and I don't think I even know what that means! Is it color for your skin tone? Or to coordinate with hair color? Or is it something to do with your aura? Or a mix of all those?

    Home decorators say that when in doubt go green!
    Almost everyone finds green acceptable, any and all shades of green can be mixed and matched because the eye is used to seeing so many shades of green in nature, it's just the norm and therefore green is almost never shunned.

    I love green too, I guess it comes from my Irish roots, nature, and the fact that it represents rebirth, renewal, Spring, and Jesus' Resurrection.

    But my Mom would never let anyone in the family buy a green car, she said green cars were bad luck!
    I don't know where she got that from, but no one in the family will drive one, and if for some reason we have to ride in one, we say lots and lots of prayers before doing so!

    Love you,
    Eileen
    PS ~ I wear green eyeliner and green mascara on St. Patrick's Day, along with painting tiny green shamrocks on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was fun....Did I read too fast or did you explain why the phrase is "green with envy"???
    I wonder what that means?

    Oh, I loved that "green-side up" story, too! I'm going to try to rest my mind today. Hubby is gone all day and I have nothing I need to do until a few of us go to a friends to chop up vegetables to make veggie soup for our small group tomorrow night.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marcy...You took the color green and turned it into a colorful blog...I love the way you think...write...and end your blog with smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find green very calming, and thanks for the information. I shall keep this in mind, when I'm in a fix about colors :)

    I absolutely loved your pick of the refreshing pictures. Each one is so perfect. The kinds where you can loose yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Marcy...I have been meaning to get by for some time to say "hello," and introduce myself as we share some dear blogging friends...And what a delight to visit your beautiful blog today! I love red...AND green!!! The two are inseparable for me...and my home is filled with reds and greens...so full of hope and life!!! You have created a very rich post...full of beautiful photos, lovely words, humor and hope! I've thoroughly enjoyed my visit here! God bless you!!! ~Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love green Marcy! And yellow. But my favorite color is burgundy. I can have that color everywhere! I loved the blond jokes too, very cute! Love Di

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'Just thinking of you and hoping all is well!
    Be well!
    Be happy!
    Be Blessed!
    Love you!, E

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, Hello...

    Is anybody here?

    Marcy, you here?

    Helllooooooo, where did you go this time?

    I don't like it here all by myself!

    Where are you?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marcy....
    I hope that you will post soon.
    Please know that I MISS YOU.......
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. IT'S SO EMPTY IN HERE THAT THERE'S AN ECHO! ECHO! ECHO!

    I was going to put an APB out on you, but then I remembered that YOU are the blogger police!! What am I going to do? Have you look out for yourself??!

    Okay, enough is enough!
    Let us know that you are alive and well before I have to drive Jackie to the emergency room with a panic attack!

    Love you!, E

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post, Marcy. I love green, too, and the pictures are beautiful! I also love going for walks in the woods, and I am lucky to have one nearby.
    Green and pink correspond to the heart chakra, so if you want to protect your heart, wear these colours close to it or visualise them (there is much more to it, but I have to meet someone in five minutes...).
    What a lovely coincidence that your favourite colour is green and Mario's was red, as they're complementary colours in the colour wheel!
    Thanks for sharing this!
    Love,
    Marina

    ReplyDelete

Comments are blessings too...