Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Confederate Roses and Two Rainy Days In Georgia

Back and forth

And round and round

Does anyone know

Where the redhead's bound?



Do you think she's going crazy

Or is she just being lazy

When life seems kind of hazy

Like she's caught in a "mazey" (maze didn't work by itself)?



She's got her feet back on the ground

And for blogland she is bound

For she loves to be around

All the wonderful friends she's found.
So sorry if anyone was worried
And that meant that today I hurried
To finish up this post
Even before I eat my toast.





Here I go again with a blog that was supposed to be posted for Monday, so I have to change the date and add different pictures and get it all together. Monday was supposed to be Marvelous Monday but it ended up being mucky Monday which rhymes with yucky Monday. This was due to little sleep, having to be on the telephone with people who overcharged us last month on a bill (then did so again this month after saying they would correct it), a shower head that completely broke in the master bathroom, going through all the clothes that fell down with the rod breaking loose from the wall, then coming across a disaster created by Sadie Mae who was apparently having an adverse reaction to her pain medication (from her spaying) which caused an adverse reaction on my carpet as well as on my composure, especially when I could not find one of the three scrub brushes I have bought. By this time I needed to go to... REALLY needed to go to prayer group, Mass and my Consolation group. Tuesday ended up with a long trip to visit a friend and then go shopping, so now I am preparing this post for Wednesday...whew.


So last night after walking one lap around the neighborhood with Michael and Kelly and the dogs, I went inside and took night photos of our Confederate rose in the front yard. This Confederate rose is very special because it came from a carefully cultivated cutting from my old home in Columbus, GA and that Confederate rose came from a carefully cultivated cutting from a sweet man named Mr. Mask who used to come by our bank and bring me these flowers.


Here is a picture of the top of the bush as it grows into the crepe myrtle bush to the right of it....



Here is a section that is overloaded with blooms...

A close up of one of the white blooms having turned almost completely dark pink....


A nice white bloom and some others in varying stages of transforming into a deep pink...


These are pictures I found after typing in Rainy day in Georgia because it absolutely poured Monday morning and guess what? It has decided to pour cats and dogs again this morning (I just hope none of them are strays like the five we now have!)...






Isn't this a lovely rainy scene...think I'd like to lean against this post and just watch the rain....





The circles caused by raindrops just remind me of little gifts from God for they are circles with no ending and no beginning...





"Rainy day cure for dog odor... Next time your dog comes in from the rain, simply wipe down the animal with Bounce or any dryer sheet, instantly making your dog smell springtime fresh. "



"Rain
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Rain is liquid precipitation, as opposed to other kinds of precipitation such as snow, hail and sleet. On Earth, it is the condensation of atmospheric water vapor into drops heavy enough to fall, often making it to the surface. Rain is the primary source of fresh water for most areas of the world, providing suitable conditions for diverse ecosystems, as well as water for hydroelectric power plants and crop irrigation. However, not all rain reaches the surface; some evaporates while falling through dry air. This is called virga, a phenomenon often seen in hot, dry desert regions. The METAR code for rain is RA.

Rain is also known or suspected on other worlds. On Titan, Saturn's largest moon, infrequent methane rain is thought to carve the moon's numerous surface channels. On Venus, sulfuric acid virga evaporates 25 km from the surface. There is likely to be rain of various compositions in the upper atmospheres of the gas giants, as well as precipitation of liquid neon and helium in the deep atmospheres."

So the rain does remind me to say.....


Now here's a soothing sight....




Or how about this deserted and misty Georgia road...




The rain can create a lovely mixture of colors....



Now for a lovely mixture of 'wet' jokes found on the Internet...


When I visited Seattle for the first time, I arrived on a rainy day. When I got up the next day, it was still raining! It also rained the day after that, and the day after that.
I was sort-of getting tired of all the rain, and decided to ask someone if it was like that all the time. I quickly came across a young child.

"Hi there, does it ever stop raining around here?" I asked.

The young child replied, "How should I know? I'm only 6."

***********
The following was overheard at a recent high society party:

"My ancestry goes all the way back to Alexander the Great," said one lady. She then turned to a second woman and asked, "How far does your family go back?"

"I don't know," was the reply. "All of our records were lost in the flood with Noah."
***************

Life After Death


A boss asked one of his employees, "Do you believe in life after death?"

"Yes, sir," replied the new employee.

"I thought you would," said the boss. "Yesterday after you left to go to your grandmother's funeral, she stopped in to see you!"

***************
Living In A Flood
The pros and cons of living in a flood plain...

Pro - Fishing from a couch right in your living room.
Con - Your couch doesn't float.

Pro - The trip to the river just got shorter.
Con - Now you can't get away from it.

Pro - Driving boats through the neighbours' yards is cool.
Con - Dodging bullets for making waves in their kitchens.

Pro - Great time to wash your house's siding.
Con - Ring around the house.

Pro - Water-skiing in the street.
Con - Stop signs and cars are like land mines right under the surface.


Pro - Great way to meet new neighbours.
Con - Their junk keeps floating into your bedroom.

Pro - Washing dishes just got easier.
Con - All the grub is under water, too.

Pro - Good time to clean the gutters.
Con - Nothing else to do till the boat comes back.

Pro - Practice your diving skills.
Con - Breaking your neck on the top of the porch roof.

Pro - You can finally reach those dead branches.
Con - Gotta swim after the chain saw that's floating away.

Pro - You can finally slam dunk.
Con - You have to dive to the basket.

Pro - Finally meeting your e-mail friend, who floated over from the next county.
Con - She's/He's forty years older, 200 pounds heavier, and a foot shorter than the picture she/he sent.
~~~Thank You dear Lord for the blessings of rain, flowers and concerned friends.

13 comments:

  1. SHE'S LIVES!!!
    SO GOOD TO FINALLY HEAR FROM YOU!!

    Seriously, it is SO GOOD to hear from you!
    Okay, now that blog land is back to 'normal', well, normal for us, I'm happy again!

    Loved this post, but sorry for your troubles! And I love hearing how everyone in the village perseveres in spite of their troubles!

    I love all your pictures, especially the little bits of pink and white roses in the dark, so beautiful!

    And I loved all the jokes, especially the very last one and the life-after-death one!

    WELCOME BACK, FRIEND!!
    Love you lots!, E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcy, I agree with Eileen, it has been strange with you and Bernie missing...plus Jackie and Teresa gone at times and even Diana...of course I don't post that often myself but that's normal. You and all the others in our Village, too numerous now to mention each by name, are special to me and have become my normal.

    BTW Jackie did a post on her Confederate rose too! Funny!

    Luv and Smiles,
    Wanda







    Bernie, and Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope things are going better today. Hate when bills come in at the wrong price and we have to take our time and correct them!

    What a beautiful rose bush! Very lovely.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Marcy,
    Glad you are here, as it is so comforting to come to the Village and read about how everyone is doing. Everyone comes and goes with their busy lives but it seems we can always come back and be amongst special friends. The Village is a place of acceptance and comfort, and we are learning so much about our different lives, and how in so many ways we are so much alike at the same time. I enjoyed your blog, and sorry to hear about Sadie Mae's accident, that sort of thing is so frustrating, plus all the other frustrations you have been through this week : (. I am so glad you came by to tell us about it...and I loved your poem. (((((Hugs))))) T Thank you for your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When it rains, it pours, indeed. The important thing is that you had the energy to blog and the sense of humor to put it all in perspective! So much going on everywhere...all the more need to keep in touch and carry each others concerns the best we can - with sympathetic and encouraging words and heart-felt prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what Rebecca said, When it rains ,it pours! So perfect. I completely understand being overwhelmed Marcy. I feel that way most weeks. As a matter of fact I have canceled a few commitments this week, just not feeling as well as I should, so it's good that you took a break from us.
    You must take time to stop and smell the Confederate Roses! Quite beautiful Marcy! We are glad that you are back!
    Love Di

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marcy, oh how I love your beautiful spirit, I hope all is going well today. I miss all of my village friends when one is away. Stay well and keep sharing that beautiful spirit with all of us (love the jokes especially the life after death one).....Luv ya.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marcy.
    Bye Marcy.

    Just kidding. I'm glad you are back, my friend....and Eileen is right...she was about to have to call paramedics for me. I was into the 'pre-panic' mode. Now, you don't want to see me in the 'panic' mode....nope...don't even wanna see that.
    It's interesting that we both posted confederate roses. They are so beautiful this time of the year. Your bushes are loaded...and are incredibly beautiful.
    I'm sorry about the woes of the week...and I wish I could do something to help. I do try and track you down....but that's not helping you much, is it. :)) Take care of you, Marcy...know that we miss you when you aren't here...but understand that things come up unexpectedly...and those have to be dealt with.
    Smiles to you from Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good to hear from so many...hopefully I have commented on most posts but I do need to still visit a few, I know.

    ***Eileen it's delightful to hear from you and I know all of us probably 'spoiled' one another for some time with posts every single day!

    ***Wanda I was happy to hear from you and to visit your blog today and it is so nice to have things 'back to normal' when everyone is here.

    ***Lois, the only pleasant bill surprises are lowered ones, aren't they?

    ***Yes, Teresa, the 'village' is a great place to accept and be accepted.

    ****Rebecca, thanks for making me smile with my 'rain' post and then saying when it rains it pours! Love that!

    ***Di, I feel so bad that you have been feeling bad and I have made home made chicken soup for friends and wish I could do so now. Please try the sugared ginger root or the pill form to see if it helps your pain. It really helped my severe sciatica when it hit.

    ***So pleased to tickle your funny bone, Bernie and you have the delightful ability to laugh alot and make the world a better place for it!

    ***think we both posted about the roses because this is their time to shine (and bloom)
    and they are just such a neat flower too, just like you are such a neat friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ***Okay, Jackie, I just realized that I forgot to write Jackie in my comment on your comment, so here goes...Jackie, Jackie, Jackie...how am I doing??

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is good to have you back. What an interesting post you shared today. My favorite of everything is the rain on the GA road. Actually, all of you pictures are so good. The roses are beautiful, and it must mean alot to you, that you remember the gentleman that gave it to you. I love roses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the roses; loved the jokes! Just came over for the first time. Enjoyed your post. Made me think of Eliza Doolittle--"The rain in Spain", etc. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI sweet Marcy! So it looks like you are about to KEEP your new stray? OH MY GOODNESS you know you will never be able to give him up! Once they lick your face and give you those thank you puppy eyes your a goner! You are such a sweet person, and my goodness if it ever gets out in the dog world, (you do know they talk to each other don't you?) You will have strays each month! Loved your post today! I am finally getting around to catching up and sitting at the computer reading posts tonight. I promise I will post something tomorrow to let everyone know how I am doing. Actually today has been a great day. The first since the surgery. I have been on a roller coaster ride with emotions and pain, boredom and then exhaustion. I have only a few days left then back to work. Not by choice but by necessity. Good think I have a nice boss...(I think). Thank you for your prayers and well wishes. I always love visiting because you lift my spirit! much love and hugs and smiles!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are blessings too...