Sunday, October 18, 2009

Today is THE DAY....PLEASE PRAY

These past few days have provided some interesting challenges for trying to post, with Michael (he's fine now) being sick, going for flu shots, gathering veggies from our garden before the possible freeze and then helping out at our rainy International Festival at church on Saturday!
This morning as I was praying about and getting ready to do this post, a bunch of wonderful thoughts hit me...
1. Today is that all special day for EVERYONE to pray for peace!!
2. Yesterday was our International day with people sharing their cultures from ALL over the world (how perfect to pray for world peace the next day!)!!
3. I not only remembered it, but started praying before my feet hit the floor this morning.
4. This is another Sunday that I am blessed to be doing a scripture reading at church.
5. Last and definitely NOT least, I "felt" God's Hand on me when I read another dear blogger posting about praying for peace today. Thank you so much to a blogger friend (whose blog is Happy Wife Happy Life)!!
So my prayer will include hoping that 10 times the people pray for peace, today most especially!!...


Does it make any difference who you are or where you are?...NO!! This world was/is our Maker's gift to us, let us pray for it's loving preservation through peace and love...

Love comes from peace, peace comes from love and both must come from our hearts to make it happen..


There is NO language barrier here nor religious barrier, it is a PRAYER, a feeling, an action and it unites us all....



So, let's not just keep it in our hearts or hopes or wishes, but by praying, let's make it happen...



TOGETHER we can join hands and hearts in prayer and change dissension to tranquility and peace...




Write about it, draw it, think it but most of all PRAY about it....



How about, from now on, you picture this sign at whatever station you go to for gasoline (petrol) and say a prayer for peace each time???...


Here I go again, finding something good and inspirational from the Internet and this is my prayer for all of you...

"May there be peace within you today.
May you trust your highest power
that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received
and pass on the love that has been given to you.

May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones and allow your soul
the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us!"

Thoughts of peace alone inspire tranquility within us, so let's keep on praying for peace....



So I leave you with the same prayer and picture that started this post. Today I will be setting aside two, no, a minimum of three, special times (stopping everything else and just kneeling or sitting and praying) to REALLY pray for peace and Michael will be praying with me.



Are you ready for a smile or two or three?....
CHURCH SIGNS

1) The best vitamin for a Christian is B1
2) Under same management for over 2000 years
3) Try Jesus. If you don't like Him, the devil will always take you back
4) Soul food served here
5) You can give without loving but you cannot love without giving
6) Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive
7) Reputation is what people think about you. Character is what people know you are
8) Don't give up. Moses was once a basket case!
9) Come early for a good Back seat
10) Seven days without prayer makes one weak
11) No Jesus - no peace, Know Jesus - know peace!
12) Worry is interest paid on trouble before it is due
MORE CHURCH SIGNS
1) Free Trip to heaven. Details Inside!
2) Try our Sundays. They are better than Baskin-Robbins.
3) Searching for a new look? Have your faith lifted here!
4) An ad for a Church has a picture of two hands holding stone tablets on which the Ten Commandments are inscribed and a headline that reads, "For fast, fast, fast relief, take two tablets.
5) When the restaurant next to the Church put out a big sign that said, "Open Sundays," the church reciprocated with its own message: "We are open on Sundays, too."
6) Have trouble sleeping? We have sermons -- come hear one!
7) Come in and pray today. Beat the Christmas rush!
8) Sign broken. Message inside this Sunday.
9) Come work for the Lord. The work is hard, the hours are long and the pay is low. But the retirement benefits are out of this world.
10) If you're headed in the wrong direction, God allows U-turns.

~~~There are too many blessings to be able to ever thank You enough Lord and yet I try, so thank You for the blessings of prayers for peace and MAY THEY MULTIPLY BEYOND BELIEF!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Marcy! I am sorry to hear that Michael is sick. But I'll bet you made some soup for him with those fresh vegies! Jake and I are going to attempt going to church to pray today. He is still in a lot of pain but wants to go. I loved the church signs, they are so clever! Love Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Marcy,
    I'm only supposed to visit blogs twice a week...(I promised my family because they thought I was spending too much time blogging...LOL), but I absolutely MUST come see you, and thank your for your love, prayers, encouragement and friendship!!! I treasure you...you are a gem! And I am more than glad that we met!!! And I will pray along with you for peace, and for a speedy recovery for Michael!! Sending much love to you and yours~Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be wonderful if all countries took to heart the need for peace...President Obama's winning the Nobel Peace Prize should inspire all to seek that goal and pray for peace today and work toward it, even in our daily lives.

    Luv and Smiles,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know.... since God is our (collective) Daddy.... I can't help but think ... if we, as kids go to our Dad and say "Dad, we just want peace... can you help?" Surely, he will listen.

    I am praying with you, my friend. I know our Father is hearing us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this post, Marcy. This is so important and we should think of it every day -but it's great to have a special day dedicated to it.
    Love the picture of the beach!

    P.S.: I've replied to your last comments on my blog -sorry for the delay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am praying right beside you my friend, if all hearts were filled with love and peace than these wars wouldn't be happening...we are all children of God.
    Hope Michael is doing better, luv ya...:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed, as the sign said..."Pray for peace daily!" Have a grand and peace=filled day!!! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marcy...Praying for peace. I'm with you and thousands of others, my friend.
    Hugs and love from Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I pray for peace with you. Peace within us and outside of us. It was very calming to go through the pictures you've put up and the words you've written. Loads of love and peace from Tranquility :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marcy...It's still the 18th.
    I continue to pray. I hope the world will be a different place (positively different, of course..)
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. HEY GIRL, CONGRATULATIONS, AS YOU WON A BAG OF HERSHEY'S MACADAMIA NUT KISSES WITH ALOHA!! INSTRUCTIONS ON MY LATEST BLOG POST. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not even knowing about your prayer for peace day, I guess it is a good thing I do it daily anyway. Pray for our leaders of our nation, for our church leaders and anyone in a position that can make a difference that they will listen to the whispering of our Lord. So much is in the hands of those who control our contries destiny and it is for them that I pray that they will make the RIGHT decisions in our behalf! PHEW! along with the every day Joe out there lol. hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are blessings too...