Sunday, October 11, 2009

No Time for Prayer????

A few days ago I got a very nice e-mail asking that everyone pray especially hard on October 18th so that the world will be a place of peace, not war and terror and violence. This is my daily prayer but it will be very intense prayer on that day. Please take time and join me/us (Michael will be praying especially hard that day too.)

This should be a scene of not goodbye or welcome back from war or conflict, but just "hello daddy, glad you're home from work."


Does God 'filter' our prayers and say He favors one faith belief over another???....hmmm...don't think so. Most likely He listens to what is in a person's heart and if they are letting love rule what they do...



Do I pray enough? Is there enough time? Should I pray for one thing over another? So, to answer this I say to myself, "Self, how much do you love and can you love more? You have three children here on earth, do you love one more than another? Self, are you making time for other things that you like to do or 'must' do...so finally, Marcy are you EVER too busy (no excuse for being on call 24/7 a few years ago, Marcy) that you have no time for love and prayer????" So YES, I will lovingly pray for Jerusalem among many other places all over the world....


And also ask God to help people work for peace to occur all over Africa and any other part of the world like Korea that needs an end to violence, anger and bitterness...





My power prayers are only one little candle, but it does give light, so if more and more and more and more of us pray, what will happen? The world can be full of 'light' and love....



There is an aura of peace around people in deep prayer and maybe that is one of the 'secrets' of prayer, that by praying we create an aura of peace that ripples out to the WHOLE WORLD...

Praying with your friends is a way of loving and uplifting your friends as you join in unison for the good of all...you might be blessed and have someone right beside you praying or you might be blessed and have friends from blogland all over the world praying with you...

Let's make these signs obsolete and unnecessary with frequent and constant PRAYERS for peace...




So I thank the Good Lord for all the peace we have experienced in the past and present and beg that people's hearts will become more loving and kind towards ALL, not only towards friends but enemies as well so that that they ultimately lose their enemy status if we pray enough...


And let's keep a smile on our face as we pray and bring peace....

Genie: Hi my friend. I'm a very weak genie, so I can only grant you one wish--it had better be easy if you want me to do it.

Friend: I pray for world peace. Give me that.

Genie: That's a little hard, give me something easier.

Friend: Make it possible to call a business and not go through choosing seventy three options and listening to a recording while waiting for 30 minutes.

Genie: World peace it is.

******
One Sunday morning, the pastor noticed little Alex was staring up at the large plaque that hung in the foyer of the church. The plaque was covered with names, and small American flags were mounted on either side of it. The seven-year-old had been staring at the plaque for some time, so the pastor walked up, stood beside him and said quietly, "Good morning, Alex."

"Good morning, Pastor," replied the young man, still focused on the plaque. "Pastor McGhee, what is this?" Alex asked.

"Well, son, it's a memorial to all the men and women who have died in the service."

Soberly, they stood together, staring at the large plaque. Little Alex's voice was barely audible when he finally managed to ask, "Which one, the 9:00 or 10:30 service?

***********
So of course it's difficult to learn the English language.......and
learning to spell can be pure guess work.......

a. Those who jump off a bridge in Paris are in Seine.
b. A backward poet writes inverse.
c. A man's home is his castle, in a manor of speaking.
d. Dijon vu - the same mustard as before.
e. Practice safe eating - always use condiments.
f. Shotgun wedding: A case of wife or death.
g. A man needs a mistress just to break the monogamy.
h. A hangover is the wrath of grapes.
i. Dancing cheek-to-cheek is really a form of floor play.
j. Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?
k. Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion.
l. Reading while sunbathing makes you well red.
m. When two egotists meet, it's an I for an I.
n. A bicycle can't stand on its own because it is two tired.
o. What's the definition of a will? (It's a dead giveaway.)
p. Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
q. In democracy your vote counts. In feudalism your count votes.
r. She was engaged to a boyfriend with a wooden leg but broke it off.
s. A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.
t. If you don't pay your exorcist, you get repossessed.
u. With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.
v. When a clock is hungry, it goes back four seconds.
w. The man who fell into an upholstery machine is fully recovered.
x. You feel stuck with your debt if you can't budge it.
y. Local Area Network in Australia: the LAN down under.
z. He often broke into song because he couldn't find the key.
aa. Every calendar's days are numbered.
ab. A lot of money is tainted - 'taint yours and 'taint mine.
ac. A boiled egg in the morning is hard to beat.
ad. He had a photographic memory that was never developed.
ae. A plateau is a high form of flattery.
af. A midget fortune-teller who escapes from prison is a small medium
at large.
ag. Those who get too big for their britches will be exposed in the
end.
ah. Once you've seen one shopping center, you've seen a mall.
ai. Bakers trade bread recipes on a knead-to-know basis.
aj. Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses.
ak. Acupuncture is a jab well done.

~~~Heavenly Father thank You for the blessings of SO many prayer 'partners' out there and help us remember to pray for peace and to love always.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Marcy,

    When I think of peace, I think of David's Prayers in the Psalms. Peace must begin in our own hearts:

    Psalm 131
    My heart is not proud, O Lord,
    My eyes are not haughty;
    I do not concern myself with great matters
    or things too wonderful for me.

    But I have stilled and quieted my soul;
    like a weaned child with it's mother,
    like a weaned child is my soul within me.
    O Israel, put your hope in the Lord
    both now and forevermore.

    I don't know about you, but I know there is much work to do on my own heart, before I can be as still as David. I will be praying with you on that day...and everyday.

    You are a blessing ((((HUGS)))) T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Marcy!
    I will pray with you and others on October 18 for peace, and I will spread the word to my circle of family and friends.
    Very beautiful post!
    And I enjoyed all the jokes too!
    Love you lots, E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Marcy, I too will pray with you and others on Oct. 18th.....if only everyone would pray and lay the guns down what a different world we could live in.....love you my friend....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 P.M.
    Hi Marcy...I too will join you and others on the 18th and pray for peace.
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sense your passion and commitment to a cause you feel so deeply about. Your kindness and sensitivity seep through every one of your posts. You are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what I do. I pray and pray and pray all day! Why I'm praying right now! It's a way of life for me. Love Di

    ReplyDelete
  7. we don't have time NOT to pray!! Great post :-) Love the church service epitath. Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What better thing can we do for our grandchildren than pray for peace...I will be doing the same on the 18th...I promise!

    Luv and Smiles,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marcy...
    You know I'm not gonna stay out of your blog!
    I'm baaaaaack....hoping that you had a good day...and hoping that the smile that you always have has been with you all day and evening. Your smiles are very contagious.
    Thank you for sharing them with me. I'm thinking of you....
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marcy...I will be praying too!! I know that the village prayers are strong :)
    Love You!!
    Jerelene

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haven't been to your blog in quite awhile but I'm glad I stopped by today (home from work sick today....). YES, I agree we all need to pray for peace and you can count on me to be praying esp on 10/18... I frequently wonder what kind of a world our children will inherit (seems to get meaner, more hate-filled and more violent with each passing year). it would be nice to leave a MORE peace-filled world to the next generations....

    ReplyDelete

Comments are blessings too...