Saturday, August 29, 2009

***T H A N K****Y O U***, ONE AND ALL!!

First let me give thanks to God, our Creator, for the blessings of all of the wonderful people I have been gifted to meet. When I first started this blog site it was to remind myself and others of the blessings all round us that we often overlook. Little did I realize that I would be so heavily blessed myself, so to my Creator I send all praise and thanks!
I also found this lovely picture and verse by ee cummings which even speaks of the sun's birthday!


For all of you sweet and dear friends out there I really do thank you for the support as well as inspiration you give me almost daily to be the best me I can be...

This is a thank you card from England, so my thanks reach to the far ends of the earth...so cute...

Sweets for the sweet hearts in all of blogland, even people I don't know who visit other's blogsites, saw the birthday posts, then came here to say Happy Birthday...how wonderful is that??!!



Since I have been posting lately about cakes and ice cream, I would like to give you a cupcake thank you as well...

Let's not forget a memorable thank you in chocolate..mmm...mmm..good...one of the Major NEEDED FOOD GROUPS...

Like a circle, the giving of thanks should be never ending and I DO give daily thanks for all of you in my prayers, so here is a thank you where it belongs...


So many languages in which to say THANK YOU so much.....

If I could, I would publicize each and everyone of you in a newspaper extolling your wonderful qualities of caring and commenting and praying and just being ever so kind...

This was probably the most wonderful and exciting birthday of my whole life and my thanks come from my heart and soul....



This is a 'proper' blogland Thank You....



But here is just a cute mix of thank yous from such a cute mix of angel friends that God has so blessed me with....

Can't forget to send some smiles your way either....








Q. An ethical lawyer, an honest politician, and a merciful aerobics instructor all fall out of an air plane. Which one hits the ground first?
A. It doesn't matter - none of them exist.

.................................

What do you call a mushroom that runs into a bar and buys a round of drinks for everyone?
I guess that would be a Fun Guy.
****************
Thank You Notes
One Christmas, mom decreed that she was no longer going to remind her children of their thank-you note duties.

As a result, their grandmother never received acknowledgments of the generous checks she had given.

The next year things were different, however.

"The children came over in person to thank me," the grandparent told a friend triumphantly.

"How wonderful!" the friend exclaimed. "What do you think caused the change in behavior?"

"Oh, that's easy," the grandmother replied. "This year I didn't sign the checks."

************

A little boy, who wanted $100.00 very badly, prayed for two weeks but nothing happened. Then he decided to write GOD a letter requesting $100.00. When the postal authorities received the letter to GOD, U.S.A., they decided to send it to the President.

The President was so impressed, touched, and amused that he instructed his secretary to send the boy $50.00. Mr. President thought that this would appear to be a lot of money to the little boy.

The little boy was delighted with the $50.00 and immediately sat down to write a thank you note to GOD that read:

"Dear God, Thank you very much for sending me the money. However, I noticed that for some reason you had to send it through Washington, D.C., and, as usual, those devil's took half of it.

~~~Heavenly Father, Son and Holy Spirit, my thanks for You and all those you have sent into my life, comes from my heart and soul...help me to be worthy.

10 comments:

  1. Blog friends have a way of lifting our spirits. Glad you had a great birthday and thanks for being a blessing to so many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome Marcy! Now please, we want to hear what you did for your birthday!!! BTW I loved that first joke with the lawyer!
    Love Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're more than welcome, friend!
    'Hope you had a perfectly lovely day!

    I loved all the jokes!
    Have a great weekend!
    Love you, E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcy, it was our pleasure to honor our friendship and the bond we all have formed through blogging. I am sure the others feel as I do and loved being a part of your special day. I do hope it was truly a wonderful day.
    Many hugs my friend.........:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all those cute thank yous above...As Diana said You are very welcome Marcy!

    I love the joke about the grandmother not signing the gift check...to assure a personal visit and thank you from her g/children. I will keep that in mind for future reference if need be!

    Enjoy your weekend!
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a joyous day Marcy! Your blog gave so much of inspiration and uplifted my spirits. Thank you! May God bless you and your family abundantly :)I wish you limitless happiness today and all year through

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that August 28 was a terrific day for you; it sounds like it was.
    More happiness is wished to you today...and every day, Marcy.
    I loved your jokes...every one is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marcy: I'm late to the party, but Happy Birthday to you! Hope it was a great day for you. I wish you a Healthy, Happy, Love-filled year to come and many, many more to follow.<3

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOU'RE WELCOME, you're welcome, You ARE welcome.
    After 364 days of blessings ME (well, not quite; I haven't been blogging that long)to wish you a Happy Birthday 1 day is hardly a fair trade-off!

    More great jokes! I like 'em! Do you have any "dizzy" humor? I've been side-lined a couple of days while the world around me appears to spin. Bernie suggests (and I'm hoping) it might be an ear infection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your Birthday was wonderful!! And bloggy friends ARE the BEST!!
    Love, Jerelene

    ReplyDelete

Comments are blessings too...