Monday, September 14, 2009

Mishmash here and there

There are so many incredibly weird words in English and mishmash is just one of them, but it does describe the mix-up of things in this post today.





Main Entry: mish·mash
Pronunciation: \ˈmish-ˌmash, -ˌmäsh\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English & Yiddish; Middle English mysse masche, perhaps reduplication of mash mash; Yiddish mish-mash, perhaps reduplication of mishn to mix
Date: 15th century

: hodgepodge, jumble
Over the week-end I cleaned out the cabinets in our bathroom and Michael put in new faucets (he didn't want to 'rush' into doing this as we have had them for over two years now...in his defense I must say that they are terrible to replace and a HUGE undertaking). Well, all that cleaning and sorting inspired me to clean and sort through pictures I have snagged from the Internet to use in posts but that kind of got forgotten and not used after all. Maybe you can help me figure some of them out???!!

This must have been one that I was going to use on a post about money because I've never done one on Georgia...

This definitely had to be one on gratitude that I did....

Maybe this one belonged in a post about ...hmmm...could it have been a Sunday reflection post?...


This is one that was supposed to go in this past Sunday's post but kind of got lost. See the folder that I put the pictures in only shows so many pictures at one time and then I can re-click to see some more but never all of them, so they can get 'lost'...


Here's one that belonged in those posts about vinegar that I did....



Seriously, if you have a better clue than me on some of these, please let me know as I can't figure out where this one was going but I've had it for a long time now (pretty funny that it says what it does)...



This might have been one I was including for my own mom on the anniversary of her birthday...



This is just a lovely one that I have had for a long time and must have been meant for a post on tranquility that never transpired...


This one I do remember as it was supposed to be a part of the thank you post for that wonderful thing that was done on my birthday, so thank you again...



Another old one that must have had to do with a post on pain and the way to 'kill' it....what do you think?...

Aha...this one belonged on the Fountain of Youth post for sure....


Here's a good one that should have been in the post on newspapers, but it apparently got 'lost at sea'...

Remember when I did the post on miniature sheep?.....



And here is a mishmash of goofy puns...



A GOOD PUN IS ITS OWN RE-WORD:

What do you call a country where everyone drives a red car? A red carnation.

Energizer Bunny arrested - charged with battery.

A pessimist's blood type is always b-negative.

A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

A hangover is the wrath of grapes.

Corduroy pillows are making headlines.

Every morning is the dawn of a new error.

Sea captains don't like crew cuts.

Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?

A successful diet is the triumph of mind over platter.

A gossip is someone with a great sense of rumor.

Reading while sunbathing makes you well, red.

A man's home is his castle, in a manor of speaking.

Dijon vu - the same mustard as before.

When two egotists meet, it's an I for an I.

A bicycle can't stand on its own because it is two-tired.

What's the definition of a will? (Come on, it's a dead giveaway!)

~~~Thank You Lord for the blessings of the mishmash in our lives, may we make it orderly and beautiful little by little.

11 comments:

  1. Wow! This really was a 'mixed bag' post!
    I enjoyed it all! The pictures, the 'funnies', and you reaching to figure out which picture belonged to which post!
    'Nice you got something accomplished this weekend too! That always feels good!

    (That bridge picture almost looks like the bridge by me!)

    Love you lots, E

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo of the streambed with the rocks...so peaceful. It was a marvelous mishmash, Marcy (alliteration, uhm hmm)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mishmash....actually it was what my mum made for supper when she cleaned out the fridge and we all loved it.....really got a chuckle reading your puns.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those were very funny puns Marcy...I may have to print them out...Your mishmash was a good mix...you should mishmash whenever you like...Marcy's Mishmash Mix...that's almost a tongue twister!

    You made me smile...like always,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marcy, I enjoyed reading your mishmash post. It's a little like life sometimes :>) Your puns were great as usual. I hope you are having a fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures were grand, but the puns lifted my spirits!!!! It was a busy day at work and I came home to these and now I'm smilllllling. Thank you!! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could use some of those fountain of youth bottles! I do the same thing, save pictures then wonder what I saved them for...but they were so good, I just had to save them!
    You used yours for a good purpose after all, it gave us all a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! This post cracks me up, Marcy! I do the same thing; I have some of the screwiest photos saved in my picture file... And some "new posts" started with only a two word title, or a link, or a word or two that's supposed to jog my memory... But, who knows now what I was going to write about? Maybe something profound! Probably not, but the world may never know...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's odd , I cleaned under my kitchen sink today! No new faucet , although we could use one! I am like you Marcy as I have lots of pictures stored. I had Katie show me how to get rid of them last night.
    I love that word mishmash. I wonder if it means the same thing as hodgepodge?
    Love Di

    ReplyDelete
  10. You coul send that picture about ".....blowing in the wind" to Marie at The English Kitchen. She's just blogged about baked beans!

    What larks! This post was fun.

    love, Angie, xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. BTW - I would like somebody to tall me where to get these pictures from. Please. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are blessings too...