Thursday, September 3, 2009

Marcy Poppins Is Popping Out For A Bit

It's most certainly not a vacation or play time, but MarCy Poppins will need more than a spoonful of sugar for the challenges ahead, but prayer, perseverance and more prayer will help (of course being Bill Gates wouldn't hurt either)!! My middle child (and daughter) is, and has been in a financially challenging situation for some time (in her defense, she is trying to live off of social security disability payments that might enable you to live comfortably in a large empty refrigerator carton with a beat up tricyle for transportation). Apparently she thought that if she had checks, she MUST have money (when she was little she did say she couldn't wait to grow up and get all those checks and have endless money!)
Anyhow, yesterday I made phone calls...you know the kind where you call, talk to a machine that talks to another machine and asks you to put in an extension you don't know BUT it will help you by giving you a directory of people and extensions you don't know or even hang up on you at that point (it did that to me)! So that, what should involve ten or fifteen minutes ends up an hour or more, then the person you get says "I'm sorry I can't give you that information, so please go bang your head against the nearest wall and then come back...I have some MORE frustrating things to tell you and delight you!
I have been once again given this lovely award (can one ever get too many nice things?...never!)
by a lady with a very lovely blog site called
Mrs. Pogle's World and she is in Great Britain which always tickles me! Thank you so much, Mrs. Pogle for this lovely award....


Look, here we are, Poppins and Alice in Wonderland looking for a quick way back into blogland and searching for the rest of the villagers...
Well, this bag will sure come in handy as I sort through all the creditors paperwork and almost impossible demands and more fun phone calls...


Some real live info about Marcy...er...Mary Poppins...

"Dick Van Dyke thought Walt Disney wanted to see him about "Mary Poppins" because of his singing and dancing skills. But the legendary studio founder had something else in mind.
"He had heard me in an interview talking about what was happening to family entertainment," says Van Dyke in a phone interview, still amused by the memory. "I was decrying the fact that it seemed like no holds were barred anymore in entertainment. ... That's why he called me in, because I said something he agreed with."
Disney, after years of cajoling "Poppins" author P.L. Travers, was finally mounting a production of the books about a magical nanny. With Van Dyke, he knew he was also getting a star as well as a like-minded performer. The actor's TV sitcom, "The Dick Van Dyke Show," was a steady hit at the time, and he had won a Tony for his work in the stage version of "Bye Bye Birdie."
With Van Dyke as the Cockney chimney sweep Bert, fellow Tony winner Julie Andrews (in her movie debut) as Poppins and several old pros in tow, Disney went ahead with production on the 1964 film, which was to become one of the biggest hits his studio ever produced.
The movie earned five Oscars -- including a best actress win for Andrews -- and its Richard and Robert Sherman songs, such as "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious," "Feed the Birds" and the Oscar-winning "Chim Chim Cher-ee," have become standards.
Forty-five years later, "Poppins" is also a hit stage show, with excerpts of the Broadway production featured on a new 45th-anniversary DVD. Van Dyke, 83, took a few minutes to talk about the film, his much-maligned Cockney accent.."

Even thought they forgot the 'c', I do appreciate the fact that I've been advertised on this trolley (aka double decker bus for us Americans)...
Gosh, I have learned a lot from going to see Snow White so much, now I can sing to the birds (and inside the house too), sure hope he has better toilet habits than the parakeets in our apartment when I was growing up...

Once again, nice blocks, great tribute, but where's the 'c'?



Ahhh, here's my umbrella, maybe I can use it instead of my car this morning to go to prayer group...hmmm...84 yr. old sweet Helen might, just might not like that mode of transportation...think I'll ask her...

Now, I will still be poppin' (get it Poppin?) in to try to leave comments as I am so far behind right now that I am almost ahead!!!

The unending chuckles.....





Mary Poppins visiting
Mary Poppins was traveling home, but due to worsening weather, she decided to stop at a hotel for the night. She approached the receptionist and asked for a room for the night.

"Certainly madam", he replied courteously.

"Is the restaurant open still?" inquired Mary.

"Sorry, no," came the reply, "but room service is available all night. Would you care to select something from this menu?"

Mary smiled and took the menu and perused it. "Hmm, I would like cauliflower cheese please," said Mary.

"Certainly madam," he replied.

"And can I have breakfast in bed?" asked Mary politely. The receptionist nodded and smiled. "In that case, I would love a couple of poached eggs please," Mary mused. After confirming the order, Mary signed in and went up to her room for the night.

The night passed uneventfully and next morning Mary came down early to check out. The same guy was still on the desk.

"Morning madam...sleep well?"

"Yes, thank you," Mary replied.

"Food to your liking?"

"Well, I have to say the cauliflower cheese was exceptional, I don't think I have had better. Shame about the eggs tho....they really weren't that nice at all," replied Mary truthfully.

"Oh...well, perhaps you could contribute these thoughts to our Guest Comments Book.

We are always looking to improve our service and would value your opinion," said the receptionist.

"OK, I will...thanks!" replied Mary....who checked out, then scribbled a comment into the book. Waving, she left to continue her journey.

Curious, the receptionist picked up the book to see the comment Mary had written.

"Supercauliflowercheesebuteggswerequiteatrocious!"

Mary Poppins moved


It seems that Mary Poppins has moved to California. She has started a business telling people's fortunes. But, she doesn't read palms or tea leaves, she smells one's breath. That, right, the sign outside reads: Super California Mystic Expert Halitosis.

~~~Thank You Lord for the blessings of minds to use to solve problems as best as possible but most importantly thank You for hearts to love no matter what happens.

26 comments:

  1. Your blog never fails to brighten my day.

    My prayers are with you as you deal with the bureaucracy...ugh.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcy...I will truly miss you while you are popping out for a while, but I understand. I hope that the financial situation with your daughter is settled soon. I assure you, I am praying from here. Take care Ms. MARcY Poppins!
    You are certainly a spoonful of shuga.
    Smiles,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marcy,
    Sorry to hear you are poppin out for a time, but please pop on back soon, we villager miss you. I understand about the financial stuff, and it really is a tough world out there...hope things get settled quickly, and you and your daughter are in my prayers.

    :((((hugs))))) T AKA 555

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marcy, I missed you yesterday and worried that you may be ill.....thank you for letting us know what is happening.
    So many young people today are going through the same situation as your daughter. The economy is so bad all over the world, we have to pray it turns around soon as it is effecting everything and everyone's life.
    Love you Marcy Poppins and am praying that all works out for your daughter and you, come back to us soon........:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm glad you're okay. I just got back from picking up some things at Jayden's school and I'm running back out to get him a haircut, but I popped IN here to see if you were around.
    So sorry about your daughter's troubles! I'll keep her and you in my prayers.
    Stay strong!
    Love and Prayers,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. My last word verification was 'prayshes' and I do PRAY SHE'S okay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marcy...
    The economic problems are touching everyone in some way. I think they should forgive all debts in the world, maybe from a certain wage bracket down and just let people start over...I know that wouldn't work, but...wish it could.
    Hope your daughter's situation becomes easier to deal with.
    Always,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Afternoon Miss Poppins,
    So sorry to hear about your daughters troubles but with parents like you and Michael I'm sure things will get better. It's just getting there that is the pain in the behind. I wish you all well and will include your family in my prayers. You will be missed but we must take care of our families first! Love You! Love Di

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so so sorry about the financial troubles your family is facing. I would hope and pray that He solves all your problems immediately or atleast shows you a way out! Hoping to hear from you soon! Loads of love and lots of prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodnes, I have my share of those frustrating phone calls...asking for the persons extention when you don't even know who the person is! My poor elderly mother just couldn't take it, and I don't blame her one bit.
    Praying for your daughter situation...God is able!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! BTDT and still going through it...Huhoney is on disability too, really tough to live off of....but the good Lord never fails us...I know he won't fail you and your families needs! You will be in thought and prayers from the villagers as well as ME! hugs...and remember to keep smiling...God is watching Poppins!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is Dick Van Dyke 83? I didn't know Dick Van Dyke was 83. What's he doing still running Community General? I've never seen Mary Poppins all th way through but I HAVE seen DV-D's cockney bits! Ho Ho what a larf. Meery Pawpins ROFL!!! I do own up to being a Diagnosis Murder addict though. We get it over here at 2.15 in the afternoon. He can't be 83. Maybe they're old shows?

    I'll miss you while you're away. Keep safe and God Bless.

    love, Angie, xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Marcy - very sorry about the financial siuation regarding your daughter - life can be very difficult and cruel somtimes - I will pray about it.
    Understand now why your posts were not "Popping" onto the screen with their previous frequency.

    A joke to cheer you up:

    A paratrooper jumped out of his plane and pulled the rip cord and nothing happenned. He pulled it again and the parachute still did not open and the ground was rushing towards him ever faster.
    He met a man rushing towards him in the opposite direction.
    They quickly exchanged pleasantries and the soldier asked, "Do you know anything about parachutes?"
    "Sorry mate, do you know anything about gas cookers?"

    ReplyDelete
  14. so sorry to hear of your daughters troubles, I pray that you can help her get straightened out.

    Love all the Mary Poppins trivia I love that movie and now I feel like maybe watching it tonight. with some popcorn- or maybe cauliflower cheese-:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Marcy! Your daughter is so very lucky to have as a Mommy :) I hope that things get better quickly for your daughter..I will keep her in my prayers!
    I loved the tipped over cow!!
    Love and really big HUGS to you sweet Marcy Poppins....Jerelene

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey! Just popping in to say that I'm thinking of you!
    Love and Prayers, Eileen
    PS ~ I got your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Marcy...
    I'm following Eileen in here....(She probably has the book as to how to post on your blog juuuuuuust before Jackie!!! She has all the good books!)
    I'm also here to say hello, that I'm thinking of you, and miss you....bunches.
    Smiles from Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Marcy, just thought I would pop in to say hello and let you know I am thinking about you and your family.....hey it's all going to be okay, I just know it.
    Stay well and be strong and remember anything done from the heart with love can never be wrong, sure miss your post....luv ya..:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you are alright Marcy - miss you ~ Eddie
    God Bless you and your entire family

    ReplyDelete
  20. Marcy...you're gonna have a lot of donkey hoofprints in here pretty soon...I'm stomping around in here...hoping that you and your family are feeling the prayers...the thoughts...and to let you know that I am braying and braying...and praying and praying...and not in that order. I miss you, my friend....and your spoonfuls of shugar....and I hope that we are helping you by sending some your way....many hugs to you....many, many of them. I know that your heart is in the right place...and our Lord will take care of His own...and you belong to His flock. I miss you....a lot.
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  21. 'Still missing Marcy!
    LOVE YOU!, E

    ReplyDelete
  22. 'Hope you got to enjoy some of the holiday weekend, Marcy.
    I won't be around tomorrow but I'll check in on you sometime Wednesday to see if you posted new.
    'Hope everything is going okay for you and the family.
    Love you, E

    ReplyDelete
  23. Still holding you and your family in my prayers, miss you and your post very much and hope all will be well and you will be back with us soon....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thinking of you. Have tried to call a couple of times and just hoping (and praying;) that all is well. take care. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Marcy, Marcy, Marcy...
    Love ya, love ya, love ya...
    I hope that you have a quiet week...and know that you are missed...but we'll be right here when you pop back in.
    Smiles,
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awww, I'm glad the award blessed you! Thanks for alerting me to this post. I have hardly had time to check my blog, or post new entries, as a new term has started and I'm back at work and soooo busy! But I haven't forgotten you, or your little parcel which will be on its way when I get organised! (All the way from the UK ;¬) )
    I find life gets busier as I get older especialy as I keep aquiring more grandchildren. I don't have much time to myself but am taking myself off for a coffee after work today!
    God bless and keep you, lovely lady!
    Mrs.P xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are blessings too...