Think this chipmunk says it all, but that's me (minus the moustache I hope)rooting for all of you (and looking up to Heaven) because I can honestly say that each one of you has made me a better me through your posts and just the good and kind personalities with which all of you are blessed.
Now on with today's stuff:
You are all probably on information overload with me, so I will only list seven things, not fourteen (because of the double awards), but name fourteen recipients (that's the part I like!):
1. I honestly pray to God to guide me before I do each post that it will be something to make the reader feel a little more kindness towards others or patience as well as give lots of cheers, smiles and hopefully even laughter.
2. Lots of people wonder what their goal in life is or what their purpose is, but my feeling is that our most important purpose is not what career we have or how much we can educate ourselves, but rather how good we can make this world. Though I frequently fall short of my own standards, I want to make this a better, more peaceful world with one kind act after another. That may only be a few sands on the beach of life, but it IS what makes it the beach. Wait a minute, I can do better than this...think of total darkness and then one solitary candle, then another gets lit from it and another and so on and finally we have lots and lots of light, we have The Light, bringing Him into the world!
3. The lessons God has taught me are incredible. In the past I questioned whether or not something, some job was 'beneath' me by thinking that I had a 4.0 average in college (but never finished as I chose to be at home with my third child I was blessed to bring home) and I have lots of job options, so I shouldn't do 'this' job. Asking God to always be a part of my life has caused me to hear Him say "Whoa Nelly, aka, Marcy...think this is JUST what you need to do then." So, guess what I ended up doing with a friend in Florida while waiting for housing in Germany so the family could join Mario?? And it became something that I loved and had fun doing.
(Sorry...all of you have created a 'monster' here, but could I get just a few guesses again...you'll probably get this one with no trouble???)
4. I cry at some movies that are not even super sad and can re-cry (a new word here) every time I watch Land Before Time (a cartoon film for Pete's sake, but that part where he loses him mom does it to me every time!)
5. Cannot, absolutely cannot watch horror movies, or violent movies as I AM IN the movie, right there next to the person getting stalked and neither the 'stalkee' nor me is very happy (have even tried closing my eyes and humming, but end up opening my eyes when it's getting even worse).
6. Though normally rather well behaved, I do get this impish streak in me that is so hard to control as in the time my sweet Mario came home from work. I got off work before him and was in the front yard watering plants with the hose. He was nicely dressed as always and as always was approaching me to give me a kiss when he suddenly noticed a twinkle in my eyes...with no words being spoken by me, he started saying..."No, don't do it...come on, honey, don't do it. If you get me, I'll get you back." Sad to say those last few words just ignited the flame and how does one put out a flame? Of course...lots and lots of water!! We laughed and soaked each other until our stomachs hurt!
7. I wanted children so badly (and so did Mario) that I was afraid I would never have them. Each child I carried just felt like a sacred miracle to me and I cried in the delivery room with each one, having to explain to the more or less alarmed doctors that I was just so happy!!
Here is a picture of an overload of awards and that's where we all are about now:
A. In the Zinc.
You Know You Have Had Too Much Coffee When...
*Juan Valdez names his donkey after you
*You get a speeding ticket even when you're parked
*You grind your coffee beans in your mouth
*You sleep with your eyes open
*You have to watch videos in fast-forward
*You lick your coffee pot clean
*Your eyes stay open when you sneeze
*The nurse needs a scientific calculator to take your pulse
*You can type sixty words a minute with your feet
*You can jump-start your car without cables
*Your only sources of nutrition comes from "Sweet & Low"
*You don't sweat, you percolate
*You've worn out the handle on your favorite coffee mug
*You go to AA meetings just for the free coffee
*You've worn the finish off you coffee table
*The Taster's Choice couple wants to adopt you
*Starbuck's owns the mortgage on your house
*You're so wired you pick up FM radio
*Your life's goal is to "amount to a hill of beans"
*Instant coffee takes too long
*You want to be cremated just so you can spend eternity in a coffee can
*You name your cats "Cream" and "Sugar"
*Your lips are permanently stuck in the sipping position
*Your first-aid kit contains two pints of coffee with an I.V. hookup
The Atheist and the Shark
There is this atheist swimming in the ocean. All of the sudden he sees this shark in the water, so he starts swimming towards his boat.
As he looks back he sees the shark turn and head towards him. His boat is a ways off and he starts swimming like crazy. He's scared to death, and as he turns to see the jaws of the great white beast open revealing its teeth in a horrific splendor, the atheist screams, "Oh God! Save me!"
In an instant time is frozen and a bright light shines down from above. The man is motionless in the water when he hears the voice of God say, "You are an atheist. Why do you call upon me when you do not believe in me?"
Aghast with confusion and knowing he can't lie the man replies, "Well, that's true I don't believe in you, but how about the shark? Can you make the shark believe in you?"
The Lord replies, "As you wish," and the light retracted back into the heavens and the man could feel the water begin to move once again.
As the atheist looks back he can see the jaws of the shark start to close down on him, when all of sudden the shark stops and pulls back.
Shocked, the man looks at the shark as the huge beast closes its eyes and bows its head and says, "Thank you Lord for this food for which I am about to receive..."
Learn Chinese in 5 Minutes
That's not right...Sum Ting Wong
Are you harboring a fugitive?...Hu Yu Hai Ding?
See me ASAP...Kum Hia Nao
Stupid Man...Dum Gai
Small Horse...Tai Ni Po Ni
Did you go to the beach?...Wai Yu So Tan?
I bumped into a coffee table...Ai Bang Mai Ni
I think you need a face lift...Chin Tu Fat
It's very dark in here...Wai So Dim?
I thought you were on a diet...Wai Yu Mun Ching?
This is a tow away zone...No Pah King
Our meeting is scheduled for next week...Wai Yu Kum Nao?
Staying out of sight...Lei Ying Lo
He's cleaning his automobile...Wa Shing Ka
Your body odor is offensive...Yu Stin Ki Pu
School Best Sellers
Walking To School The First Day Back - by Misty Bus
The Day The Car Pool Forgot Me - by I. Rhoda Bike
Can't See The Chalkboard - by Sidney Backrow
Practical Jokes I Played On The First Day Of School - by Major Crackupp
What I Dislike About Returning To School - by Mona Lott
Making It Through The First Week Of School - by Gladys Saturday
Is Life Over When Summer Ends? - by Midas Welbee
What I Love About Returning To School - by I.M. Kidding
Will Jimmy Finally Graduate? - by I. Betty Wont
What Happens When You Get Caught Skipping School - by U. Will Gettitt