First, I most humbly thank Lisa @ Are We There Yet? for giving me this award. She is such an exemplary mother and blogger too, with a bazillion creative ideas. As I told her this award is a little dented and warped, much like me, but it's also honest. It's also not fancy scmancy, but looks like it's gone through a lot to get where it is...although, those bullet holes are kind of scary, so I'm gonna pretend they're NOT bullet holes (maybe they're holes from a tornado that came by and shot blades of wheat through it)...whew, that's much better!
Here are the rules:
In accepting this award, I need to do the following:
1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2) Share "ten honest things" about myself.
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4) Tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving it.
Now, for the ten Honest things:
1. This is probably a somewhat weird thing but receiving any award or honor in my life has always been a humbling experience for me, a feeling as if God has used His people to reach out and touch me in a special way. It makes me aware of what Jesus did at the Last Supper, washing His apostles' feet. Anyone out there need your feet washed now?...I've got a towel and soap!
2. Being an only child has made me both a follower and a leader...heck, I'm even a middle child! But I always wanted a brother or a sister, so when we got my dog Spot, I asked my mom if I could call him my brother and she (who came from a family of seven siblings) said "Absolutely not!" However, overall, I tend to be a follower and will lead when the need arises and everyone else is usually cringing in their seats, trying to be invisible, hence my position as secretary of our HOA.
3. Although a truly born redhead, I now depend on Lady Clairol to take away the gray. Judging pictures before this became a necessity, I look pretty much on target, color wise, off target body wise and wrinkle wise.
4. Even as a small child I have always had an aversion to lying (kudos to my sweet mom and dad in Heaven) or being lied to...but I also do NOT believe in cruel honesty, so if you are wearing a hideously ugly dress and ask me what I think, I will probably tell you that it's a great color on you or I like flowers or what a lovely tent it would make (just kidding here), without saying directly that I do not like the dress.
5. I am VERY defensive of someone being 'picked' on by someone else...that will definitely get my 'Irish' up, be it child, woman, man or animal. I believe that God made us one and all and "don't pick on me cuz I'm small" (or different or challenged or overweight etc. etc.). For example, I can become apprehensive if I hear noises at night and it's just me and Kelly or me and the animals for that matter, but if I start thinking that someone could harm Kelly or the animals, then defense mode sets and fear flies out the door! So, if someone is picking on you, come to me.
6. I love pulling weeds and picking veggies...it just feels like I've really accomplished something and it makes me reflective and feel close to my Creator while I'm doing it (often a prayer time).
7. I am a morning person, ready to jump up and do things and sing songs, thereby driving all the evening people in my life absolutely nuts. When my children were younger there wasn't a morning person among them, so they failed to really appreciate me singing "Zip a dee doo da" cheerily, to them on the way to school. They even had the nerve to complain about the song going over and over in their head! They didn't react too well to "Rise and shine and give God the glory, glory..." when waking them up, either!
8. An optimist, a believer that there is more good out there than bad, that we can win the world over to God's way, one smile, one kindness at a time....however, reality reminds me that this is not easy and that I am a work in progress, so when I 'fall', just have to get back on track!
9. Will definitely go back and pay if a clerk forgot to ring up part of my purchase (like yesterday at Fernbank), but will also go back if I have been wrongly charged.
10. Strongly believe in recycling, redoing, re purposing this earth...it is God's gift to us and our gift to the future, something to treasure and guard and protect. So, I am recycling (or re puposing) this award and wish I could give it to all of the people I visit who help me become that better person that God wants me to be.
And the cutie pie winners, you can click on by my sidebar (who will also pass it on, I hope, to those I missed... some on purpose, just so that they could pass it on to them) are (alphabetically):
1. Angie from "Can you all hear me at the back?"
2. Diana from "Welcome to My World"
3. Eileen from "Umma's World"
4. Rebecca from "Life and Godliness"
5. Tamara from "Tamara's Treasures"
6. Teresa from "Do the Write Thing"
7. Wanda from "Moments of Mine"
If any of you have any problem with who to give this award to, please check my list of Blogs I follow and click on them...they all sooooooooo deserve it too!!
~~Between You and me, Lord, we both know that I don't merit this blessing any more than the tons You have already bestowed on me, but thank YOU, Lord for the blessing of seeing You in others.