Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Is It My Imagination ???

Sometimes it may seem like nothing more than a dream
Then again it may even be more than it seems
An idea, a thought comes to mind
And what do we find?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our searching mind is at sea
So what can this be?
We are becoming more of creation
When we use our God-given imagination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, do you see a darling little kitty asleep or deep in thought?...
Do you wonder what 'battle' might have been fought
For this work of art to be wrought?...



And who can fail to be inspired
By clouds that almost look wired?



Everyone of us has been gifted with an imagination, something we can use to dream big dreams and great schemes but the best way to use it is to make this planet a more loving and giving world, one kindness at a time...





Imagination

"Imagination is what makes our sensory experience meaningful, enabling us to interpret and make sense of it, whether from a conventional perspective or from a fresh, original, individual one. It is what makes perception more than the mere physical stimulation of sense organs. It also produces mental imagery, visual and otherwise, which is what makes it possible for us to think outside the confines of our present perceptual reality, to consider memories of the past and possibilities for the future, and to weigh alternatives against one another. Thus, imagination makes possible all our thinking about what is, what has been, and, perhaps most important, what might be."

So let's see if there might not be a creative joke here?....


3 Dogs



Three handsome male dogs are walking down the street when they see a beautiful, enticing, female poodle.

The three male dogs fall all over themselves in an effort to be the one to reach her first, but they end up arriving in front of her at the same time.

The males are speechless before her beauty, slobbering on themselves and hoping for just a glance from her in return.

Aware of her charms and her obvious effect on the three suitors, she decides to be kind and tells them, "The first one who can use the words 'liver' and 'cheese' together in an imaginative, intelligent sentence can go out with me."

The sturdy, muscular black lab speaks up quickly and says, "I love liver and cheese."

"Oh, how childish," says the poodle. "That shows no imagination or intelligence whatsoever." She turns to the tall, shiny golden retriever and says, "How well can you do?"

"Um ... I HATE liver and cheese," blurts the golden retriever.

"My, my," says the poodle. "I guess it's hopeless. That's just as dumb as the lab's sentence." She then turns to the last of the three dogs and says, "How about you, little guy?"

The last of the three, tiny in stature but big in fame and finesse, is the Taco Bell chihuahua. He gives her a smile and a sly wink, turns to the golden retriever and the lab, and says...

"Liver alone. Cheese mine."
**********

The First Kiss

At the end of their first date, a young man takes his favorite girl home. Emboldened by the night, he decides to try for that important first kiss.

With an air of confidence, he leans with his hand against the wall and, smiling, he says to her, "Darling, how 'bout a goodnight kiss?"

Horrified, she replies, "Are you mad? My parents will see us!"

"Oh come on! Who's gonna see us at this hour?"

"No, please. Can you imagine if we get caught?"

"Oh come on, there's nobody around, they're all sleeping!"

"No way. It's just too risky!"

"Oh please, please, I like you so much!!"

"No, no, and no. I like you too, but I just can't!"

"Oh yes you can. Please?"

"NO, no. I just can't."

"Pleeeeease?..."

Out of the blue, the porch light goes on, and the girl's sister shows up in her pajamas, hair disheveled. In a sleepy voice the sister says: "Dad says to go ahead and give him a kiss. Or I can do it. Or if need be, he'll come down himself and do it. But for crying out loud tell him to take his hand off the intercom button!"
***********

Shopping in a clock store, I found a grandfather clock marked 25% off. It was exactly what I wanted, so I paid for it and had it delivered the next day.

When it was delivered I set it up in a prominent place in the living room. You can imagine my surprise when I discovered that it ran slow! No matter how I adjusted it, the clock lost 15 minutes every hour.

Returning to the clock store, I complained to the manager "The grandfather clock I bought loses 15 minutes every hour."

He replied, "Well, what did you expect? It was clearly marked 25% off!"


~~~Heavenly Father, thank You for the blessings of our imaginations, may we use them to make this world a more loving and happy place.

18 comments:

  1. Ooops, I forgot about this post, so htere should still be two more up and coming.

    I am trying to leave at least one comment on everyone's blog while I am her in Arizona, but it's not easy and I still have a few more comments to go, but it will have to wait for another opportunity as I am getting very sleepy again (everyone else is sound asleep, evn the puppy dog).

    May the Good Lord be in your hearts and in your lives blessing you abundantly.

    love to all,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Marcy, Have a wonderful time with your family. Blessings to all of you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Marcy...hope you are enjoying your stay out west. Use your imagination while there and we'll imagine the fun you are having!

    Luv and Smiles,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your family, Marcy!
    'So nice of you to visit us while visiting them!

    Enjoyed this post a lot!
    GET SOME SLEEP!

    'Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!
    Love to you, E

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marcy,
    Loved your post, and it is so true. ((((HUGS AND BLESSINGS TO YOU)))) !!!! T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the idea behind this post Marcy! The same mind can come up with constructive as well as destructive thoughts. And thoughts make things. Thoughts bring things to reality. So if it is all in the mind, it is our choice and entirely in our hands. Hope to see a more peaceful and happy planet before I go :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine how horrible the world would be without imagination.....great post! Hope you are having a wonderful time and looking forward to hearing all about it when you get home....take pictures please.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a gift . . I receive such enjoyment from your posts. Picture me with a huge smile on my face right this moment! See? It's a good thing!

    Blessings,
    Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marcy....imagination is the center of creativity in an individual. I love this post...and I hope that you are having a GREAT time with your family. I miss you....
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Marcy,
    Don't bother reading my post today, it is not a happy one anyway. I was venting! I loved your jokes today , all three of them. But I would have to say that the dog one was my favorite.
    Sorry it's taken me all day to get here.
    Love Di

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, did you write this poem, Marcy? If so, let me put the toddler down off my lap so I can give you a STANDING OVATION. I love it! and if you didn't write it yourself, I still love it! Great post, as always... You always make me smile. Hope you're continuing to have a visit full of hugs and smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the liver and cheese joke! I am also encouraged about the imagination thing (since mine is so big and all). A while back i read "Dreaming With God" by Bill Johnson. It said that God uses our imagination for His purposes. It was a great book. Anyway, I hope you are still enjoying that great fam of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's November 5....and I'm back here on your comment board to let you know that you are there and we are here...and that's not fair!
    :)))
    Thinking about you, my friend....and wanted you to know.
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hilarious jokes today, my friend!!! Love these!! And a very thought provoking post about imagination!!! You are amazing!!! How prolific you are to have all these prepared before your trip! I'm in awe! Hope you are having a wonderful time! Love to you~Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marcy, as always you entertained us with the imagination story. I love imaginations! My oldest son has always been my imagination child and now I am enjoying his sons imagination as well! He is the one that will point out different clouds in the sky and trees looking like something other than a tree. I LOVE IT! Hope you are having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Marcy!
    I loved this post....I think sometimes my imaginative nature gets me in trouble...too many things going at one time :)
    I LOVED the 3 dogs...may I snag it? The one with the kiss was pretty hilarious too!
    Hope you are having a good time.....
    Love You! Jerelene

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Marcy,
    Loved the jokes especially about the intercom with dad saying, "Get on with it!"
    Thank you for your prayers for Maria, Maggie and the family.
    Hope you are having a great time ~ Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  18. That waws the most beautiful tribute for Mario! I know he was reading it as you wrote it, and he and your son were probably thinking what a "love" of a mother and wife you are.

    God bless,
    Abbey

    ReplyDelete

Comments are blessings too...